Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Brown the Clown

#1 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:20 am

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Brown the Clown

#2 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:28 am

Gordon Brown says in todays newspaper that if re-elected he will serve full term as Prime Minister.
First of all doesn't he read the papers, and doesn't he know that job is lined up for Peter Meddlesom. The sooner Brown is locked up and sedated the better. SB

Do not take life too seriously - you are not going to get out of it alive anyway.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 02.03.2010 | Top

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:44 pm

I see Gord is reduced to TB's old ploy of promising Election Reform. Which promise will soon be dumped if re-elected.

The only Election Reform I want to see is a larger choice of Candidates and not those chosen for us by the party. I also think that we should have the choice of removing members who didn't keep their manifesto promises at local level and not have to be a party member to do so.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:52 pm

If we are talking election reform, one thing I would like to see on ballot papers is a box to mark to abstain.
Many people do not go to vote because of apathy, they can't drag themselves away from the telly.
Other people do not go to the polls because they simly do not want to vote for any of the candidates.
Some people make a protest vote, and vote for any party who is against the one in power.
If there was a box to abstain then it would show the people who can be bothered to go and vote but who are not satisfied with the muppets available. The parties standing would then know they would have to go after these people.
It's high time the political sphere of our society got off their backsides got their brains into gear and did some work to make our political system work. This may just make people interested in the system that governs our daily life. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:48 pm

SB

As you probably are aware I haven't voted in any election since TB appeared on the scene. I don't think having a abstain box would make any difference. The ones who don't vote through apathy would be as usual apathetic and not turn out. The ones who don't vote through conviction such as myself would just think it a waste of time. As the election winners would take little notice of the non voters, because they already know the figures and reasons for non voters.

We don't need election reform, what we need is the return of such men that we had in parliament from the beginning to the middle of the last century.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Ten People Hurt In Birmingham Crash

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor