Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Q.E. Hospital

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:54 pm

The Birmingham Mail today reports that injured service men & women are being served cold meals at the new £2.6 Billion Q.E. Hospital. This is because all meals have to be shipped in, because some genius decided that there was no need for this state of the art hospital to have its own kitchen. I wonder if the staff dining rooms have their own kitchens?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Q.E. Hospital

#2 by Sheldonboy , Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:35 pm

That's a disgrace. Mind you considering the Idiots running this country I'm surprised the remember to feed them. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:11 pm

I think I might have mentioned before the last time when my wife was admitted to East Birmingham hospital. They put her in a ward on her own at the opposite end of the corridor to all the other patients. Every meal time she was the last one that the food trolley served. Often by the time they got to her there was nothing left and if there was it was cold and uneatable.

After really laying the law down to the nursing staff I took my wife food in to her every day she was there. So she ate better than the other patients. I was just waiting for one of the staff to say she can't have this or she can't have that. When she was discharged I made an official complaint. I still have the answer somewhere that they replied with. It was full of apologies, but they only addressed some of the minor complaints. They completely ignored the major complaint about the food as if I hadn't even mentioned it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by handlebar , Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 pm

When my Father in Law was admitted to Clacton Hospital some ten years ago all the food was cooked in Wales and transported in. Needless to say it was barely edible. Nothing much seems to have changed.

handlebar  
handlebar
Date registered 06.01.2011

#5 by Deleted User , Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:14 pm

It is all wrong wrong wrong.

Diet is an important part of recovery.

#6 by Sheldonboy , Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:38 am

Yes Denise bvut so are medicines and Operations, We can't afford the either.
People of our generation have seen some of this country's best years.
I hate to say it but we may see some of it's worst yet. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 am

Has anybody noticed that with the deterioration of the Labour Party that the country has also deteriorated. They have been responsible for nearly all the good things that have happened to this country. Yes they have also been responsible for some bad decisions.

When it boils down to it, I know I would have rather had the Labour Party including its flaws than have been ruled by the the Tories and the Liberals since the end of the first world war.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Deleted User , Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:01 pm

I agree Phil,can't think of as single thing the Tories have done for people like us.

#9 by handlebar , Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:26 pm

The Conservative party seems to consist of people with money or folk who intend to get it by hook or by crook. The Labour party made some blunders but at heart they seem concerned about the ordinary man. It would be interesting to see how they would have tackled the current crisis. If Brown had been in charge with all his experience the scene might have been a little brighter. Perhaps??

handlebar  
handlebar
Date registered 06.01.2011

#10 by Sheldonboy , Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:48 pm

I travel through the centre of Birmingham every morning. I speak to many people over the course of a week, as you can at 6.30 in the morning without everyone thinking that you are funny or gay.
I have never known a time when so many people are so outspoken about all sorts of issues including Immigration, the economy, the Government etc. no-one I have spoken to can think of ANYONE who they think is capable of running this country.
With our record in Europe, trying to save the world, and all of our wealth given away let alone our ridiculous open door policy, for once in my life I wish this was not my country. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Birmingham Wholesale Market

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor