Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: The public sector and strike action

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Although strongly in favour of unions I have never been in a union in my life, the reason being that you are unable to join one until you are 18 and after that age I never worked for a firm or company that was large enough to have union membership.

After becoming self employed at an early age, whenever we came across union disputes I always ensured that we did as they asked and would never take any action that they asked us not to.

When the health and council workers were on strike in the 70's we were asked if we would clear all the rubbish from many hospital sites around Birmingham as we were already approved contractors. I said only if I could first talk to the Union representatives on site. We had a meeting and after telling them what we would be charging the Health Authority they were quite happy for us to do the work, with one provision and that was we would charge them as much as we possibly could. I was quite happy to do that.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: The public sector and strike action

#17 by mikejee , Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:02 pm

That sounds like the right approach Phil

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
News Of The World Closing Down

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor