Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Moseley Grammar

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:21 pm

How can Moseley Grammar go from being one of the best schools in Birmingham to one of the worst in so short a time after being downgraded to an ordinary comprehensive school. The Latest rating by ofsted lists it as "Inadequate". Does it show there is something wrong with our education system or is it just in Birmingham?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Moseley Grammar

#2 by Voltman , Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Don't know Phil. What's the answer? Could it be the sudden lowering of admission standards?

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Volty

To be quite honest I think a lowering of standards is the answer, but its by the teaching staff not the pupils. OK I will admit that they are given less options to deal with unruly pupils than they were in my day, but believe me some of these pupils would have been like little timid mice after one week being taught by some of my old teachers.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Voltman , Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:08 pm

This would be the teaching staff who can't spell, have terrible grammar skills, unintelligible diction and shout at the kids using slang and other non existent words.
I often hear double negatives from teachers, which always annoys me anyway, and I have taken to scrawling over notices with spelling mistakes.
I could complain to the headteachers but they would be sure to inform me that "their aint nuffink I can do bout it and your just pickin flys".
VM

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Volty

No I don't think the teaching staff are lacking in any of those skills, what I do think is most of them lack the skill to be a teacher. When I hear stories of teachers being bullied by 5 year olds then I can't wonder at them not being able to handle teenagers.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
French jets in action over Libya

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor