Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Race horses die

#31 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:50 am

Posted by Voltman
Gosh Berniew, what an insult, though I know non was intended.
I don't do alarms anymore, It was the sort of sideline job I only did for friends and family, what I would call a no brainer.
Computer Networks are another side line, this I call glorified telphone wiring, again a no brainer.
I am an electrical contractor. My main areas are...
Electronics design, build and repair.
Contols Panels, for any purpose, design, build and install.
Industrial machinery fault finding and repair.
All types of non domestic installation.

I manage to avoid all this regulatory bullshit, it is the customers problem not mine.
If one of my customers asks for a risk assessment, which of course they rarely do, I tell them it is bloody dangerous to be around me.
Tony Blair, along with his new cable colours, can go screw himself.
I have regular customers who are always pleased to see me, I don't need to wave the latest exam results at them to impress them, or join some boys club for support, I go it alone and put them back in business at a sensible price, this seems to be all people really want.

You can see why I could never work for an employer anymore. Too many parasitic hoops.
Alarm people indeed. Hmmph.
VM

Who has pinched his cornflakes this morning then.[Let Me Think]

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#32 by berniew , Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Appologies Volty but I could have sworn I read on the forum that you were an alarm man but it's probably my eyesight or memory . From my experience it's almost impossible to avoid documentation and test results when supplying or ihstalling almost anything but if you can avoid it very well done I wish I could .
Mike the colours were changed in 2008 with a new edition of the regulations domestically red has become brown black has become blue and earth remains yellow and green so the colours of the wiring to your lights and sockets are the same as the flex on your extension leads or appliances . There are a lot of other changes that Volty is complaining about too and I agree with him . We seem to be in a constant state of flux but every change costs us money one way or another .
Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#33 by berniew , Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I ncidently Volty I am not trying to impress anyone with exams they are just a requirement to get on site I also spent the first 30 years of my working life soley on industrial installations and fault finding but as the factories closed it had to be more commercial work , I don't do domestic work except to test it .
Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#34 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Posted by berniew
Appologies Volty but I could have sworn I read on the forum that you were an alarm man but it's probably my eyesight or memory . From my experience it's almost impossible to avoid documentation and test results when supplying or ihstalling almost anything but if you can avoid it very well done I wish I could .
Mike the colours were changed in 2008 with a new edition of the regulations domestically red has become brown black has become blue and earth remains yellow and green so the colours of the wiring to your lights and sockets are the same as the flex on your extension leads or appliances . There are a lot of other changes that Volty is complaining about too and I agree with him . We seem to be in a constant state of flux but every change costs us money one way or another .
Bernie

Bernie you are not wrong Volty did do Alarms at[Little LOL] one time but he was probably caught.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#35 by Voltman , Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:35 am

I know what you mean about sites Berniew,
I last set foot on a building site about 8 years ago, I had to turn up in Liverpool, before I would normally have got out of bed, so that I could take an induction thing where I was taught how not to top myself.
Then they gave me a photo ID to hang round my neck, I don't hang anything round my neck, ever, especially not when I am working.
If I wasn't there on a speciality I would probably have had to be in a union (not a chance) and a boys club and be tripping over a dozen qualification badges.
VM

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
How desperate have you got to be.?

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor