Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Goodbye EMA

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:49 pm

I see Cameron is now talking about dumping EMA (Educational Maintenance Allowance) which is a maximum of £30 per week that youngsters from the poorer section of society can claim to help them through higher education (College). Your family have to be on the lower end of wage earners or unemployed for you to get it in the first place.

It makes no difference that the motley crew in charge have been told that if this allowance is done away with then most children leaving school will not be able to continue on in higher education. Not the thing to tell this lot, because they thought great lets do away with it and make more room for our kids and EU students.

What I am now waiting for is one of the terrible twins to make a statement saying "this cut will hit the rich harder" but even they realise that if you are rich then you don't get this allowance. So there is no doubt that this is a deliberate attack on the less well off.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Goodbye EMA

#2 by Deleted User , Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Of course it is Phil,these people are in freefall and I dread to think where we are all going to end up.I feel angry for my Grandchildren whose lives this Government will affect the most.

People will look back at this lot with the same bitter resentment they did the last Tory crew.

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Denise

I won't look back with resentment, I am resentful now!

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by berniew , Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Just what I expected of Cameron and his crew the Lib Dems are backing anything the Tories put up I hoped they might have more bottle especially as a mini poll on the type of PR being advocated has shown that it is far from a certainty

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Premier Greed

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor