Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Premier Greed

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:03 pm

I read today that premier league footballers are using legal loopholes to avoid paying hundreds of thousands pounds in income tax. Wayne Rooney who should have paid £623,000 bill on some of his earnings paid a miserable £25,000. He is only one of many footballers avoiding tax by the use of loopholes.

What is the government doing about closing these loopholes, they know what they are if they can be published in the newspaper. How many millions are we loosing to the greed of these overpaid footballers, its been going on for years so perhaps this government who are so keen on saving money will do something where the others have failed to.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Premier Greed

#2 by Deleted User , Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 pm

This has always gone on Phil,good that it is being spotlighted and things may change.

#3 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 pm

It's about time the Namby Pamby overpaid Prima Donna's had their wages cut to a reasonable figure. That way the average Man/Woman in the street may be able to afford to go to the odd game.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:12 pm

I listened to a radio programme the other day and the topic was about tax avoidance, it was a Union official speaking and he was forecasting a summer of strikes over the forthcoming cuts. He said that the money that needed to be saved could be found in other ways.

He said that most of the looming cuts were not necessary if the government were only to plug some of the legal loopholes that were being used to deprive the treasury of £40 Billion in tax every year. £40 billion thats nearly as much as I pay.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Flu Jab

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor