Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Flu Jab

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:24 pm

I see because of the governments decision not to give flu jabs to children under the age of 5 although they are an at risk group some private clinics have been cashing in by charging worried parents up to £80 per jab.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Flu Jab

#2 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Bet they make a great profit on that Phil [Frowning]

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Well considering adults can get it as low as £7 somebody is cashing in.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 pm

They can stuff it, never had it, never will.

signman

#5 by Voltman , Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:40 am

Why don't the government charge for it?
They could charge something sensible and please everyone. Ah, just answered my own question didn't I?

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#6 by berniew , Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:24 pm

I thought they had bought a huge stockpile of the flu vacine when swine flu first appeared or is that a different vacine

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Not so long back you could walk into Boots on certain days and get a Flu Jab for £14 I think it was. The reason some of these clinics say say are charging up to £80 for children is they say that under 5's have to be injected by a doctor . Now allowing 5 minutes per jab which is ample time, a doctor could earn £8000 a day before expenses, not bad going.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Voltman , Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:14 am

Posted by berniew
I thought they had bought a huge stockpile of the flu vacine when swine flu first appeared or is that a different vacine

As I understand it, there is a different vaccine for every strain of flu, the medics predict which is going to be the most serious threat for the current winter and vaccinate against just that one strain.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#9 by Voltman , Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:16 am

Posted by phil
Not so long back you could walk into Boots on certain days and get a Flu Jab for £14 I think it was. The reason some of these clinics say say are charging up to £80 for children is they say that under 5's have to be injected by a doctor . Now allowing 5 minutes per jab which is ample time, a doctor could earn £8000 a day before expenses, not bad going.

Phil

I think queuing up paying kids and their parents at a rate of twelve per minute would prove somewhat difficult at a clinic.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Sorry Volty I worked it out on my head and I may have made a small error. At one jab every five minutes in a 9 hour day a doctor would inoculate 108 children. Which would gross £8.640, At your rate of 12 per minute he would inoculate 648 in an 9 hour day grossing £51,640. Sorry if I'm out again but I think one of my grandchildren has pinched my calculator.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 am | Top

#11 by Voltman , Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:52 am

No worse that my calculations, I went on about twelve per minute when of course it would be twelve per hour.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Elite university places go to EU students

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor