Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Hot or Cold?

#1 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:26 pm

New years day dawned with a hard frost.Sun has been shining all morning.

Lovely to take the dogs out,feel sorry for the horses in the fields,they must be very hardy.

Last edited Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:12 pm | Top

RE: HOT OR COLD?

#2 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Hello Denise
Yes the sun has been shining all day, but I don't think it's made one Iota of difference to the temperature. It's been freezing cold all day. As for your horses in the field they must be cold, I know they are hardier than us but they are warm bloodied animals. I hope you have enjoyed your first day of the New Year SB

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by PJ , Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Yes Denise what a beautiful day. I spent the morning cleaning and re-doing the two ferrel cats house that live in our garden, I mean that took up residence four years ago,. Over those years hey have taught me how to feed them what they like to eat and after many different attempts have got me to build the winter house that they approve of with suitable winter bedding. It dose nothing for the male ego.
I'm a dog person, I don't like cats.

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:51 pm

PJ

What exactly does, redoing the ferrel cats consist of?

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 pm

sSounds like those cats have you well trained PJ

#6 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:54 am

Looked out first thing and sheet ice out there.Need your ice skates today.

#7 by PJ , Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Phil,
The cats arrived on a bitter winter's morn, the mother was rain soaked and heavily pregnant and struggling to put one foot past the other, a few feet behind, following in her footsteps was a tiny kitten from her previous litter. They looked like the world had been beating up on them for some time.
I left the door ajar on an old rabbit hutch and the next day Blossom, (the misses named her) had her kittens with Dennis that's the kitten from her other litter looking on. Cutting to the chase as they say.
We found homes for her new kittens and seeing that Blossom and Dennis had no intention of leaving the old rabbit hutch, we had to have them done so that they could not reproduce, since the operation they leak a little when they are asleep so "redoing the feral cats" means changing their bedding which in this weather means old duvets cut up which we beg off friends and neighbours.
Blossom looks like Yoda out of Star War's and has the manners and grace of the Queen's Mom and I'm sure there's not a better mother in nature, Dennis he's another story, he reminds me of an old mate that ran wild with me in the back streets of Brum.
They have a summer house and a winter residence and lead the perfect life for feral cats they sleep twenty hours a day and have their own servant.
Denise, well trained is not the word, and I'm a dog person I don't like cats.

PJ  
PJ

Last edited 01.02.2010 | Top

#8 by Deleted User , Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Well done PJ for your caring.I feel so good to hear this kind of story.

#9 by PJ , Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Denise it would take a frozen heart to turn your back on their arrival, although there have been times when I wished I'd have whistled a happy tune and shut the door.

PJ  
PJ

#10 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Pat, Jo and I really enjoyed your well written story about your two Ferral cats, I can't wait for the sory of how Glad'ys turned up. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by PJ , Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:55 pm

God, SB and Jo,
I don't think I could find the words or if my nervous system could relive the day she walked into my life.

PJ  
PJ

#12 by paul , Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:41 pm

cats are an odd bunch you never own them they own you they come and go and do what ever they feel like doing they like what they like and they let you know if you have not got it wrong they pick the best seats to kip on the best spot in the garden and they know who in the road has got a soft spot for them and some cats have been known to have two homes in the same road and each home thinks its there cat and if you behave yourself they might bring you the odd mouse

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#13 by erdogladys , Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:36 pm

That's very true Paul about the cats. I must have behaved because i've had mice, birds and rats brought to me from Dennis the ferral cat.

erdogladys  
erdogladys

Founder Member

#14 by paul , Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:51 pm

a few years ago we took in a stay cat thats not true a stay cat took us in is more like it this cat each day would sit on our back door step if we went out it come with us so we would take it back to our house and then we would leg it so that it did not follow us my wife would feed it and give it a bit of t.l.c well she let the cat come in the house and that was that it made its home now this cat was smart it found away of opening a cupboard and getting in amongst the dusters and cleaning stuff it made its own bed
we had this cat for about 3 days when one morning we got up no cat not a sound we left it for a time thinking the cat might have been ill when my wife opend the cupboard to have a look there she was 7 little bundles of terror all on the milk bar my wife gave me that look and said ho dear but they are lovely for the first two days that cat never moved not for a pee or to eat my wife was just like a midwife she got that cat the best food full cream milk you name the cat had it after 5 or 6 weeks the terrorist would come out to play and play they did up the walls up the curtains in the sink run up you re legs you name it they did it you could not read the paper in peace mom cat just sat there out of there way spitfires each one of them 0600 standing by the sink making a cup of tea still in my jim jams when two spitfires do a high level attack at youre legs making there way up youre back with nails that are like daggers and just hang there and you can not moved then out of the blue two more attack from behind trying to get at the two spitfires that are hanging from the skin on my back so now they have got me im there prisoner and the mom just sat there cleaning her self looking at me has much to say sucker

paul  
paul
Date registered 12.31.2009

#15 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:13 am

My avatar is Timmy, A ginger and white cat with Tabby markings, Timmy came fro A Victoria wine shop in Garretts Green. he is now nearly 18 years old. He starts whining around 4.30 every morning until he and George, our other cat are fed. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Nurses

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor