Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

University student tuition fees

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:01 pm

What is your opinion on this move to remove the cap on tuition fees. Not satisfied with that alone they are even considering removing the cap on the interest that the students have to pay. This could mean the fees doubling the present rate.

Two Midlands Liberal Democrat MP's John Hemming (Yardley) and Lorely Burt (Solihull) are thought to be about to break their pledges that they signed with the students union and either vote with the government or abstain (same thing in this case).

Lib Dems a party with no honour.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: University student tuition fees

#2 by Deleted User , Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Sickening.......it will come back to haunt them.

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Denise

It certainly will come back to haunt them, the next time they are looking for votes. Which may be a lot sooner than they care to wish for. It's a pity that Nick Clegg hasn't got the guts or the decency to give his party members a free vote. Instead of writing to them pleading for them to back the Tories in a vote that is against all their principals.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Posted by phil
What is your opinion on this move to remove the cap on tuition fees. Not satisfied with that alone they are even considering removing the cap on the interest that the students have to pay. This could mean the fees doubling the present rate.

Two Midlands Liberal Democrat MP's John Hemming (Yardley) and Lorely Burt (Solihull) are thought to be about to break their pledges that they signed with the students union and either vote with the government or abstain (same thing in this case).

Lib Dems a party with no honour.

Phil

For one thing more help should be given to home grown students. If these fees have to be charged the University's should be made to give them value for money, as I understand things this is not generally the case.

Our wonderful MP's from all party's have shown with the expenses scandal for one thing how much honour they carry with them. I know John Hemming personally and have had many dealings with him and I can say without doubt that he cares for his constituency of Yardley and works very hard for it. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 10.13.2010 | Top

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:31 pm

SB

Perhaps you can ask John Hemmings next time you meet him, if he thinks this is what his constituents voted for him to do. Betray his party policies on the instructions of a power mad party leader. Does he think that this will get him re-elected.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Posted by phil
SB

Perhaps you can ask John Hemmings next time you meet him, if he thinks this is what his constituents voted for him to do. Betray his party policies on the instructions of a power mad party leader. Does he think that this will get him re-elected.

Phil

Phil you send me a message, I'll print it off and see what he says.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:15 am

Question. Why were these changes to the tuition fees not mentioned in the Tories pre election manifesto?

Question. Do you think this has anything to do with making more room for the offspring of the rich, now that places at Uni are over subscribed?

Question. Why do the Liberal Democrats (who have very little democracy within their own party) now think it is the right thing.

Question. Nothing to do with this thread, but why did the Tories throw a party for that woman last night knowing she wouldn't attend? (with public money I should Imagine) Still no matter they are going to throw another one later for her. Why not lets face it, life for them mat the moment is one long party.

Your answers on a post card please addressed to D. Cameron & N.Clegg. 10 Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA. I believe they both need to find excuses.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by mikejee , Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Sorry Phil i seem to have missed something. Who is "That woman"?. I always associate the term with Thatcher, but i presume its not her you mean
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#9 by Voltman , Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:33 pm

My Heroine.
It's her birthday but she isn't up to a party due to not feeling too well.
Sounds like they will still party without her which is why the backstabbing scum lost my support in the first place.
VM

Un solo idioma nunca es suficiente
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 10.15.2010 | Top

#10 by Deleted User , Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Wasting more of our money.

The way things are going our Grandkids will have no chance of a university education.

#11 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Posted by mikejee
Sorry Phil i seem to have missed something. Who is "That woman"?. I always associate the term with Thatcher, but i presume its not her you mean
Mike

Mike

Of course it's her, I have swore to never mention her name again after what she did to this country. It greatly pains me to hear she isn't well. I would rather be hearing she is no longer with us.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#12 by Deleted User , Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:56 pm

This new lot are just the same Phil.......take it all away with no real consideration of what they are doing.

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Chilean Miners

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor