Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Archbishop Tu Tu

#1 by Deleted User , Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:40 am

Heard today he is retiring from public life.

Such a shame as he is a shining light in the world of faith and a very human human in my opinion.

At 79 he deserves to put his feet up...good luck to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Tutu

RE: Archbishop Tu Tu

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:13 am

Denise

I'm not putting the man down because I realise how much good he has done, but I wonder just how much Archbishoping he had actually done with all the other things he was involved with?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by mikejee , Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:33 am

What you say may be true, but undoubtably he has done more to help people than those who spend all their time being against things that should be just accepted, such as whether both women and men can dress up in cassocks (which are only dresses after all), or whether a women should have control over her body rather than the church.
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4 by Deleted User , Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Sorry guys,as you know I have a faith but I don't think I go on about it too much on here.

I accept you may have different opinions to me but this subject is a bit personal to me and I can not help but be offended.

Rather you said nothing at all.

#5 by mikejee , Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Sorry Denise
I didn't mean to offend you. I'll keep quiet
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Denise

I'm also sorry if I caused offence, but I don't think either Mike or myself said anything bad about the man. In fact I only enquired when he found time to do his secular duties.

If you don't wish religious subjects to be discussed I will bring the matter up in my next survey of members. Which I think will be quite soon.

If religion is going to be discussed then I think we will obviously get a few anti religion statements.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by Deleted User , Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:19 pm

I just thought he is a very interesting person as people go and he was worth a mention.

I just get fed up of people attacking this subject without real debate...

Maybe the subject should be left alone........

Thanks for what you have both said.....lets forget it now.

#8 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Members, some of us have been in this position before, while we all have our views, we will I think consider the views and beliefs of others. I ask everyone to remember this one please. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Planet Watch

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor