Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Unfair Justice

#1 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:58 pm

I know that this is according to the law. But this is insane. Read this before moaning about our laws.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36516006

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Unfair Justice

#2 by mikejee , Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Sanity does not come into it when you have a religion run by fanatics

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by Voltman , Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:16 am

i don't see the problem.
She broke the law and then complained because she "allegedly" became a victim at the same time.

Their laws are strict but well known, if you want to get drunk in that region then go to Dubai, not Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Sharjah or any of the other states that are intolerant of Western ways.

This isn't even new news, I feel sure it was reported at the time in UAE newspapers, if not then it was a very similar case.

Forigner beware.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 06.14.2016 | Top

#4 by mikejee , Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Volty
I wonder if you would think the same if you were in the middle ages and were condemned as a witch

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#5 by Voltman , Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Of course I wouldn't but that doesn't mean we have to let people break the law simply because they don't like it or think it isn't fair.

In Qatar it is highly likely that Women aren't supposed to go out drinking alone and certainly shouldn't go near a man they are not married to and who is legally not allowed to drink at all.
She left herself open to the sort of abuse one might expect in such a country and we only have her word for any of it.
I think she got off light compared to the man she accused. He is getting lashed (140) for adultery and drinking, he's lucky the courts don't believe her story.

Anyway Mike, how did you know I am a witch?

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 06.14.2016 | Top

#6 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #5
Of course I wouldn't but that doesn't mean we have to let people break the law simply because they don't like it or think it isn't fair.

In Qatar it is highly likely that Women aren't supposed to go out drinking alone and certainly shouldn't go near a man they are not married to and who is legally not allowed to drink at all.
She left herself open to the sort of abuse one might expect in such a country and we only have her word for any of it.
I think she got off light compared to the man she accused. He is getting lashed (140) for adultery and drinking, he's lucky the courts don't believe her story.

Anyway Mike, how did you know I am a witch?

The Black cat, the cauldron, the pointed hat and the big nose may have been clues.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#7 by Slow Jo , Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:09 pm

It seems a bit harsh to me ,if as the woman says her drink was spiked there was'nt much she could do about it ,or do there courts treat everybody as if they are telling a pack of lies.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#8 by astwood , Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Women have hardly any rights in asian and arab countries

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#9 by mikejee , Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Volty
As I understand it you are a bit of a wizz with electronics etc and that's definitely a black art to me nowadays .
But seriously, to take a more recent example, the Jews were persecuted by Hitler, and that was the law in Germany at that time, to my mind any country that lets its laws be influenced by religious fanatics (and I agree what that could mean is debatable) is on very dubious grounds. To me that includes most Moslem countries, Isreal and, at the moment, Ireland, though it is to be hoped that the last of these may be coming to it's senses .

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

#10 by Voltman , Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:29 am

I'm not disagreeing Mike I just want to point out that the Dutch girl didn't have to be in Qatar, but seeing as she chose to be there she should also have chosen to take extra special care not to expose herself to any sort of risk, particularly anything involving their medieval legal system.

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 06.18.2016 | Top

#11 by mikejee , Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:23 am

Fair enough. I cannot, and would not want to, disagree with that

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Taxi Attack In Sheldon

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor