Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#886 by astoness , Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
Hi Lyn, You had a good day with Frothy then.

no SB...cath was not well so we had to cancel for today...had to eat a whole pkt of crumpets to meself....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#887 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Lyn, I would have helped you.
VM, it is the address of the shop in Jermyn Street London, but I think it misleads folk into believing they have 53 flavours,

signman

#888 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:26 pm

That's a shame, all that catering for nowt then
[Little LOL]

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#889 by astoness , Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
That's a shame, all that catering for nowt then
[Little LOL]

not really SB...i love crumpets....have you had a good day then...what you been up to..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#890 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Just spent the whole day in the pub, doing the times crossword, only had 2 clues left, Rachel had to go home, and I' m just having a cheese and onion sarnie and going to bed, early start in the morning, oh I nearly forgot 2 bars of chocolate as well.
Goodnight all.

signman

#891 by astoness , Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:41 pm

night john..im just taking me lap top up to bed now..im tired....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#892 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:52 pm

What's this everyone going to bed. Has my watch stopped ?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#893 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Well John has come home after a hard day at the pub, Ah yes I remember it well, and Lyn just wants to play with her laptop. I guess we all remember when there was another reason for an early night, ah yes I remember it well.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#894 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Good evening Phil, nice to see someone else is still awake then mate.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#895 by Deleted User , Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Evening all.............tired from shops and pub......I like saturdays.

#896 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Denise

You have to learn to keep away from those shops, you will become addicted.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#897 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Shopping is addictive, it's also frustrating. It causes arguments between man and wife. people also train to get in my way. They very cleverly learn to park shopping trollies diagonally across the aisles so I can't get past. Some people know in advance which products I am going for next so that they can stand in front of them talking. I stand at the check out behind a little lady with three items in her basket, not knowing that she lives next door to the checkout girl and takes 30 minutes to be served and of course the assistant has to disappear for ten minutes to replace an item for her.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#898 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Shopping never causes a row between me and my dearest other half, because I simply refuse to go with her for anything other than groceries. It has been at least 20 years since I went shopping in town with her and that was the last time. We went to get new shoes for her, why that was I'll never know because she has more shoes than Imelda Marcos. But we spent a miserable whole day trudging through every shop shop in Birmingham.

In the end she bought a dress just to save face and so I couldn't say it had been a wasted day. On the way home we went through Acocks Green Village and she said stop and we will have a look here. The first shop we went in she got a pair, I was hopping mad we could have been out bought the shoes and been back home in about an hour, that was our last shopping trip together.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#899 by astoness , Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Posted by phil
Shopping never causes a row between me and my dearest other half, because I simply refuse to go with her for anything other than groceries. It has been at least 20 years since I went shopping in town with her and that was the last time. We went to get new shoes for her, why that was I'll never know because she has more shoes than Imelda Marcos. But we spent a miserable whole day trudging through every shop shop in Birmingham.

In the end she bought a dress just to save face and so I couldn't say it had been a wasted day. On the way home we went through Acocks Green Village and she said stop and we will have a look here. The first shop we went in she got a pair, I was hopping mad we could have been out bought the shoes and been back home in about an hour, that was our last shopping trip together.

Phil

could say you were given the run around then phil...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#900 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 am

I also have always refused to go shopping with a woman after I went once for shoes, 40 shops later,she go'es back to the first one and buys a pair.
SB you must use the same supermarket as me.
Morning all, damp and dreary here , stuck indoors all day finishing jobs off.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor