#4532 by astoness , Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:03 pm

just to make sure you lot behave froth...[Hammers]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

RE: GOOD MORNING BIRMINGHAM.

#4533 by astoness , Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:31 am

morning all....bit dull here in brum...not much to do this week....we are on countdown now awaiting the arrival of our rachel and will from usa...arrive on sunday...[Skipping Happy]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4534 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:00 am

Good morning everyone as Lyn said, a very grey but very warm day.
Only working until 12 today that's enought for a Monday.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#4535 by Deleted User , Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:22 am

Not long to go now Lynnn,have you got some days out planned ?

I did not get to the Allotment over the weekend due to lots of guests Saturday and Sunday coming to see new Grandaughter..Her Parents are so tired,she is feeding every couple of hours and falls asleep on her bottle but at night she has decided she will stay awake in between feeds and demanding cuddles.You forget what hard work those first few months are don't you.

#4536 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:43 am

The weather today is exactly as I like it, not too hot, and not too bright. Good walking around weather.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4537 by Deleted User , Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:27 pm

I agree Phill

#4538 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Posted by phil
The weather today is exactly as I like it, not too hot, and not too bright. Good walking around weather.

Phil

you wouldn't like to work indoors today Phil

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4539 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:15 pm

I have a new Avatar I feel safer on here now.[Gentleman]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4540 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

I'll swap places with you anytime you like. I've been thinking of doing some part time voluntary work lately. Nothing too stressful or heavy. The thing is I don't know why I'm not working now. I don't drink. I don't smoke, I'm not strung out and stressed all the time.

The only trouble is I'm not good at taking orders, so I wouldn't last long in a voluntary position. I had an old business acquaintance who asked me a couple of years back to come and manage his tile warehouse. I might look him up and see if he is still looking, he can always donate any salary that he might think I'm worth to a charity. I suppose its worth a thought.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4541 by Frothy , Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:02 pm

I love the hard hat Graham. Lets try it out[Hammer Head Yellow]

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#4542 by Deleted User , Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Great to do some voluntary work Phil,why not enter into something that interests you?

I love being involved with the museum,so many varied tasks and I am involved in a world I would never of had any knowledge of otherwise.

#4543 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Denise

As I said I don't take orders well, and I would imagine it a bit difficult to start at the top in voluntary work. In the past whenever I have got involved with anything I haven't lasted very long, because another failing of mine is that I don't suffer fools very well.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4544 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:33 am

Posted by phil
I'll swap places with you anytime you like. I've been thinking of doing some part time voluntary work lately. Nothing too stressful or heavy. The thing is I don't know why I'm not working now. I don't drink. I don't smoke, I'm not strung out and stressed all the time.

The only trouble is I'm not good at taking orders, so I wouldn't last long in a voluntary position. I had an old business acquaintance who asked me a couple of years back to come and manage his tile warehouse. I might look him up and see if he is still looking, he can always donate any salary that he might think I'm worth to a charity. I suppose its worth a thought.

Phil

Phil, getting out and about is always a good thing. But don't underestimate yourself. you are already a voluntary worker. you work very hard on more than one forum. These operations don't run themselves. Take our small group, only been going for 18 months but we have a bunch of people who occasionally meet socially and wouldn't have met otherwise. The History forum the same and taking in a really interesting hobby also BF. None of these could run on their own. You and other people don't get paid (usually).
To me this forum is my escape, a bit of fun on the bus after a long day at the coalface and a have a bit of a chat with my mates, even though I may never meet some of them. What's the alternative Coronation Street. My God I would rather take up Bingo.
it wouldn't work without someone keeping a beady eye on it mate. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 07.05.2011 | Top

#4545 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:54 am

Good morning everyone, nice sunny ,cool morning here on the Costa del Brighton.
Finished my job in the video shop,now having a couple of days off before I start on my bedroom, got rid of the carpet and bed,now sleeping on the guest bed in a nearly empty room prior to decorating and new carpet and bed.
Have a nice day where ever you may be.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor