Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1156 by astoness , Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 am

Posted by signman
Lyn, I ain't got room for all of ya.

settee is ok for me john...the others can have the floor...[Little LOL]

froth dont you have a scraper for the car...you could damage yer card...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1157 by mollymandysb , Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 am

morning all
saw the nutcracker a few years ago at the hippo, really lovely altho i do have to admit that my fav ballet is swan lake, altho at christmas time the nutcracker is a must.

it snowing here in redditch now, not had much during the night. i love the snow and this time of the year and actually dread the summer as the sun makes me swell up.

my sister is going out to australia so she can miss the winter but i like the seasons in britain.

as i v said before i dress for the winter and if you get the anti slip things for your shoes they keep you up right. i managed to get some from the pdsa some years ago altho i v seen the same ones in the betterware catalogue, advertised for high heels, they are on a velcro strap and you can take them on and off quite easily. would recommend them for one any, i carry mine around with me in my hand bag.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#1158 by astoness , Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:45 am

morning steph...well it sounds like you are all set for the snow then...i could do with some grips myself to be honest as my road is on a slope and i hate coming down it..have to go out soon but i will make sure i get all i need..

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1159 by Frothy , Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 am

Posted by astoness

Posted by signman
Lyn, I ain't got room for all of ya.

settee is ok for me john...the others can have the floor...[Little LOL]

froth dont you have a scraper for the car...you could damage yer card...

I went out to buy a scraper yesterday and forgot

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#1160 by mollymandysb , Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 am

morning lynn, get some ice grips for your shoes they really do stop u from falling over. the ones i v got are quite discreet, i dont care tho so long as im safe.

i know i like the snow but i do worry about my other half and my son who drive, t hats when it is a nightmare.

i was brought up in the hills of north wales and my did we have snow, we had to walk every where anyway as there were no buses. we never had colds tho, red legs from sitting too close to the fire. in our junior school (which was a couple of miles in the next village) we used to have a stove that we would all sit round. we never had centra heating (like most people) but did have a huge black grate in the kitchen that once lit kept the whole of the house warm.

take care of you go out

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#1161 by Frothy , Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:55 am

Posted by mollymandysb
morning all
saw the nutcracker a few years ago at the hippo, really lovely altho i do have to admit that my fav ballet is swan lake, altho at christmas time the nutcracker is a must.

steph

This is Matthew Bourne's Nutcracker, a modern put on it. I highly recommend it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1JpEHGizk4

Chris

Frothy

Last edited 02.10.2012 | Top

#1162 by mollymandysb , Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 am

hi chris

just looked at you tube, that different looks quite good. is your son a dancer. my daughter used to do ballet and was on the way to becoming a ballet teacher but then headed off into another direction and became a fashion technologies for burberry.

lynn there is an advert at the foot of the page for ice grips and the ones i mentioned are on there at 6.99. they are good.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#1163 by Frothy , Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 am

Posted by mollymandysb
hi chris

just looked at you tube, that different looks quite good. is your son a dancer. my daughter used to do ballet and was on the way to becoming a ballet teacher but then headed off into another direction and became a fashion technologies for burberry.

lynn there is an advert at the foot of the page for ice grips and the ones i mentioned are on there at 6.99. they are good.

steph

Hello Steph.
No, he doesn't dance, he's in wardrobe. It's great to see his name in the programmes.

Frothy

#1164 by astoness , Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 am

Posted by mollymandysb
morning lynn, get some ice grips for your shoes they really do stop u from falling over. the ones i v got are quite discreet, i dont care tho so long as im safe.

i know i like the snow but i do worry about my other half and my son who drive, t hats when it is a nightmare.

i was brought up in the hills of north wales and my did we have snow, we had to walk every where anyway as there were no buses. we never had colds tho, red legs from sitting too close to the fire. in our junior school (which was a couple of miles in the next village) we used to have a stove that we would all sit round. we never had centra heating (like most people) but did have a huge black grate in the kitchen that once lit kept the whole of the house warm.

take care of you go out

steph

steph thanks for the tip about the grips...where about in wales were you bought up...its sounds lovely...always said that if i win the lottery im heading to the welsh hills...both my lads ride motorbikes but when the weather is like this they are locked up and its public transport...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1165 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:46 am

Posted by astoness
morning steph...well it sounds like you are all set for the snow then...i could do with some grips myself to be honest as my road is on a slope and i hate coming down it..have to go out soon but i will make sure i get all i need..

lyn

You need some Grip, in case you mess your hair up when you slip

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1166 by mollymandysb , Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:05 am

hi chris

my cousin is/was in wardrobe we have lost contact atho i v been trying to contact him 'cus his mom has had to go into a home. the last i heard he was living down in brighton, before that he was in california and worked on the miss world show.

hi lynn

i was actually born in chester but we moved to north wales and lived in a village called 'ffrith' eight miles from wrexham. my mom hated living there but i loved it. it was so nice to wander through the mountains on your own (quite safe, cus no one knew where it was) we would often go up to the llandegla moors and of course we were not far from the sea so we would often go up there in the winter, when there were no tourists about, perhaps that why i like the winter.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#1167 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Just got back in from walking the dog, according to the temperature it's not as cold as it has been. Though I feel it's the coldest it has been during the day so far. It was that cold my eyes were hurting.

Phil

phil

#1168 by astoness , Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:02 pm

hi steph...well you are lucky then...chester is a lovely place also...i would also consider living there lol...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1169 by astoness , Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

evening phil..ive been out twice today and you are right it is cold...work begins next week on resurfacing our road so i hope thats goes ahead as it needs doing badly...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1170 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Posted by astoness
evening phil..ive been out twice today and you are right it is cold...work begins next week on resurfacing our road so i hope thats goes ahead as it needs doing badly...

Don't you mean it needs doing well Lyn.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor