wrong again...WONDER WOMAN..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#5298 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:48 am

Morning all

Its a bit dull at the moment, perhaps it will clear up later.

My wife told me to go out and get something that makes her look sexy...so I came back drunk.

phil

#5299 by mollymandysb , Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:58 am

morning all

its quite warm here in redditch. put both my washing and a friends out. clothes blowing nicely. trouble is i will have to iron them all later.

report on dog, he back to old self now, these little terriers always seem to bounce back.

any one see paul o grady last night at battersea dogs home, i nearly caught a train and i would have come back with so many animals.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#5300 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:03 am

Steph

You are like my wife and granddaughter, I'm scared to take them anywhere where there are rescue animals. The other week I took the wife to the Swan Centre and whilst I was looking inside the glasses shop (specsaver?) she signed up for another £10 per month for another dog charity. I think given the choice of feeding me or an animal then I would come a rather poor second.

phil

#5301 by astwood , Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:17 am

Morning All
A bit dull but warm better than rain

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#5302 by Deleted User , Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 am

Morning all,happy re your dog steph.

Me at the proms

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

#5303 by astoness , Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:40 pm

hi steph..so glad little doggie is ok now..

den you looked very happy waving yer flag..[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#5304 by mollymandysb , Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:47 pm

yes den you looked very happy. something i intend to do one day is go to the proms inthe park .

i do try to help charities, at christmas i try to support one or two, but last christmas i decided to send some money to centre point in london to help homeless youngsters. well the charity have been hounding me ever since. i have replied that i am a pensioner and do what i can, no avail. now they have sent me a very large document asking me to sponsor a young person to go through uni. i was furious. i dont mind helping anyone but as a one parent i put both my children through unit. yes,my son stayed at home but i bought his food etc. my daughter went to london and her living expenses were high. both got part time jobs to help out but my daughter still left with £15,000 student loan to pay back. i was so annoyed with the charity and no matter how many times i write or e mail to let them know of my disgust they just keep on. i will ignore them in future.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#5305 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Steph

I would be very wary of any charity with a hard sell approach such as you outline. In fact I think I would be making out a report to the

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/

phil

#5306 by astoness , Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:12 pm

hi steph to add to phils comments i would threaten these people with legal action as well..

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#5307 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #19587
Steph

I would be very wary of any charity with a hard sell approach such as you outline. In fact I think I would be making out a report to the

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/

As Phil says Steph I would certainly inform the Charity's commission about this lot. If they write to you or email you just print it off put it in an envelope and send it to the Charity's/Com.

Click on the button that says ABOUT US and then click on the link that tells you house you hou to make a complaint. Easy

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 09.04.2012 | Top

#5308 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Steph

The basic problem is some of these charities employ professional fund raisers. These people get a decent commission from the amount you donate especially if it paid by direct debit or standing order. I tend to not donate to charities that utilise the services of this type of fund raiser, because I don't want my money going to them.

phil

#5309 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Another problem are the Chuggers in town. the Red cross are the worst. they are a Damn Nuisance

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5310 by mikejee , Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Phil
I'm afraid I'm old fashioned and don't consider any commision paid to professional fundraisers as decent. I'd quite happily send the whole lot to the middle of Africa on a one way ticket where they might do some good to the local inhabitants (or if they don't then hopefully get killed off)

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 09.04.2012 | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor