Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#3826 by astoness , Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #18105
Lyn surely there is something better you can do than watch football, I'd rather watch grass grow.

fraid not phil...especially when its england playing and ive always had a very competative nature even at school i loved all the sports......i can still watch the grass grow from the window though[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 06.24.2012 | Top

#3827 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:27 pm

I would rather watch paint dry.
I've just come from a pub (not ours) where they have the football and the bloody car racing on,some idiot has just said to me "if you don't like sport, you're not a proper man" I had to walk out,otherwise he would have gone through the window.

signman
Last edited Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 pm | Top

#3828 by astoness , Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:03 pm

john as i always say each to his own...it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same things in life and i bet that guy in the pub couldnt handle a camera like you can and i would never have a go at folk who dont share my views on anything.its a bit like my eldest son..just because he chooses not to drink..smoke or gamble some of the guys at work who do thinks hes some sort of freak..he prefers to spend money on his bikes..fishing and his RC cars but like he says he has the last laff as hes not the one scrapping round for money 2 weeks after getting paid...so pleased that you didnt lamp him through the window..dont fancy having a whip round to bail you out..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 06.24.2012 | Top

#3829 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Quote: signman wrote in post #18107
I've just come from a pub (not ours) where they have the football and the bloody car racing on,some twat has just said to me "if you don't like sport, you're not a proper man" I had to walk out,otherwise he would have gone through the window.

John

If you had been in my old local you would have been killed in the crush trying to get at him. They only tried to put in a television once and after they got fed up of fetching it back out of the street they gave up. Nothing like that was allowed in our pub, the juke box had to be switched off after a certain time of night because it either interfered with the cards, dominoes or darts or worse of all the week end sing songs.

phil

#3830 by astoness , Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #18109
Quote: signman wrote in post #18107
I've just come from a pub (not ours) where they have the football and the bloody car racing on,some twat has just said to me "if you don't like sport, you're not a proper man" I had to walk out,otherwise he would have gone through the window.

John

If you had been in my old local you would have been killed in the crush trying to get at him. They only tried to put in a television once and after they got fed up of fetching it back out of the street they gave up. Nothing like that was allowed in our pub, the juke box had to be switched off after a certain time of night because it either interfered with the cards, dominoes or darts or worse of all the week end sing songs.

totally agree with that phil...even i can remember the days when you could go into a pubs that didnt have tvs in every room and juke boxes blasting away...mind you the juke boxes were ok but like you say they would always be turned off for darts ..doms...sing songs and cards....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3831 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Evening all
You know what they say, you can't please all of the people all of the time.
If we all liked the same things we wouldn't all get into the football grounds, we wouldn't all get into the remaining pubs. We certainly wouldn't all be able to knit as well as John.[Little LOL]

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3832 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:47 pm

There was an old chap who used to come in to our local every night on the way home from work. His name was Ron and he worked for Brecknells the weighing machine people so naturally he was called Ronnie Brecknell. He was the most cantankerous old man you would ever wish to meet. He would come in get his drink and moan like hell if he couldn't get his seat in the corner by the fire he would then get his radio out and switch on the Archers telling us all to keep quiet. So what we used to do was go round to the bar and put about ten records on the Juke box asking the gaffer to higher up the sound in the smoke room. He soon got the message and moved into the bar.

phil

#3833 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:51 pm

I used to live next door to a chap called Mr Evans I think his name was George He worked for Brecknells for years.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3834 by Deleted User , Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 pm

This Footbal always makes me feel tense

#3835 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Evening Den
Tense is one word for it.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3836 by Deleted User , Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Oh well.............

#3837 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:43 am

Good morning everyone. Nice sunny start to the day, seems like a nice morning for a bacon and egg sarnie.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3838 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:47 am

Good morning all, yes it is nice and sunny out, and yes I must have a guilty conscience being up so early. Whats more I have been up for an hour now.

phil

#3839 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:48 am

What's this Phil? Are the Paramedics on standby.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#3840 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:58 am

SB

As stated it must be a guilty conscience, I just cant make out why that it is as I've been such a paragon of virtue all my life. I'll tell you what I never realised before, at this time of morning the sun shines right in my eyes through my office window and I don't like it all. I won't be doing this again.

phil

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor