Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#2686 by astoness , Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Posted by phil
Lyn

I would have thought that being a free agent as you are so to speak, you could "get out of the house" anytime. Would that I could get out anytime I wanted.

Phil

phil i maybe a free agent but money and the weather now dictate when i am able to get out and about....a nice little windfall would not come a miss[Big Smile]....be careful what you wish for is my motto...the single life especially for a woman far from what its cracked up to be....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 04.22.2012 | Top

#2687 by astoness , Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:40 pm

well i was thinking about cutting the grass..but ive gone off the idea now..maybe tomorrow if it stays dry..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2688 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Lyn

I realise that it's a different world now, but I wandered around this great country of ours when younger with very little money and found lots of things to do that cost little or no money. One of the best weekends I ever had in London cost me 10 shillings for everything and most of that was spent on cigarettes at 3/- for 20.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you about our wonderful parks and museums (not millennium point). In the summer they still do free shows at most of the bandstands, I realise it is mostly brass band music, but there again thats my type of music. Occasionally they do other types of music and can be very entertaining for a couple of hours on a sunny afternoon (when we get them).

Phil

phil

#2689 by astoness , Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Posted by phil
Lyn

I realise that it's a different world now, but I wandered around this great country of ours when younger with very little money and found lots of things to do that cost little or no money. One of the best weekends I ever had in London cost me 10 shillings for everything and most of that was spent on cigarettes at 3/- for 20.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you about our wonderful parks and museums (not millennium point). In the summer they still do free shows at most of the bandstands, I realise it is mostly brass band music, but there again thats my type of music. Occasionally they do other types of music and can be very entertaining for a couple of hours on a sunny afternoon (when we get them).

Phil

yes phil it is a very different world now unfortunately but parks and museums are no good me unless i have someone to go with...even in this day and age a woman wondering around by herself can get funny looks...well i guess some do feel comfortable doing this but i dont...and i talk to myself enough when im in the house..if i started doing it when i was outside i would prob get locked up..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2690 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Lyn

I thought you went most places with Lynne?

Phil

phil

#2691 by astoness , Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:06 pm

phil me and lynne meet up on the odd occasion but its not a regular fixture...

its gone very dark again over here..roll on the summer..i hope...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2692 by Deleted User , Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Lyn,you are welcome anytime you wish to come to Lichfield.

Jim don't get in till late so would welcome your company.................

#2693 by astoness , Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Posted by denise

thank you den..thats very kind of you i will give it some thought...i like lichfield so a trip out to see you would be great...hey i dont want folk thinking i never get out its just that its nice to have company when visiting certain places...and if i get really fed up i can easily annoy SB..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2694 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Posted by astoness

Posted by denise

thank you den..thats very kind of you i will give it some thought...i like lichfield so a trip out to see you would be great...hey i dont want folk thinking i never get out its just that its nice to have company when visiting certain places...and if i get really fed up i can easily annoy SB..[Little LOL]

Yes like you really have to try.[Frowning]

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2695 by astoness , Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:04 pm

ahh there you are SB..cop this for starters...[Hammers][Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2696 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks Lyn I feel much better now

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2697 by astoness , Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:23 pm

my pleasure entirely SB...[Big Laugh]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2698 by Sheldonboy , Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:16 pm

I am just sorting my pictures from St Georges Day in the town I will post in a short while.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2699 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:18 pm

SB

Talking of pictures, do you think you can manage to struggle over to the photo comp thread and cast your vote or will you get lost on the way.

Phil

phil

#2700 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Lyn , I have the same problem, no restriction on where ,when and how I go,but it's not the same on your own,I very often go galivanting around
and say to myself "I wish I had someone to share this with" but that's the name of the game and we have to live with it,make the most of what you've got,it won't always be there.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor