full of ladybirds good sign for a good season
pete

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1682 by Sheldonboy , Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Posted by signman
Haven't you two got anything more interesting to say.

That's the idea of this thread and this forum John for anyone to chat to anyone about anything. Some things I find boring so I don't join in. SB

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1683 by astoness , Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:15 pm

hi pete it could be a blip but if you keep getting the same problem just send a private message to phil and he will probably be able to help..well i am pleased that you have seen ladybirds so early i really hope we get a good summer this year..one that lasts till december would be good..[Laugh Out Loud]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1684 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Astwood

I can't think why the site would log you off, do you mean you have to log on each time you come on site or you just drop out when you are on site. Because it shouldn't happen in either circumstance. The only time this site logs you off once you have logged on is if you physically log out by clicking the log out button.

Bear with it for a day or two to see if it clear by itself, and if it doesn't let me know and I will contact our hosts Xobor.

Phil

phil

#1685 by Voltman , Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Phil and Astwood (Hello Astwood), there is also an issue with cookies.
If you accept only session cookies I think this will only identify you while you are connected, so if you leave and come back later you have to log on again.
If you also accept first party cookies then your identity is stored for future visits. If you clear all your cookies out or delete our cookie then again a log on is required at the next visit.

You and I should use an endless stream of vowels and consonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1686 by Voltman , Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Posted by phil
Yeah I remember writing a couple of simple programmes on my ZX81 I think the language I used was BASIC, the trouble was that the whole thing was such a shaky affair that you kept loosing everything you had done and then you only had 16k to play with. As I progressed to better machines and ready made programmes became easier to obtain. I forgot all ideas of becoming a programmer.

Phil

Phil, the ZX81 only had 1k. At great expense I doubled mine to 2k which involved replacing the 1K chip and modifying the address lines. I still have it.
The 16k machine was a Spectrum. Rubber keys, colour graphics, memory expansion port, etc.

You and I should use an endless stream of vowels and consonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#1687 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Volty

I bough my 1k ZX81 for £99 in 1981 and a few moths later I bought another 15k add on memory that plugged into the back of it, I can't remember the cost of that. This combined with a tape cassette for recording and loading programmes made the whole thing very shaky and prone to disasters. I never owned a spectrum I went from the ZX81 to the Atari.

Phil

phil

#1688 by Deleted User , Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Evening all,what a lovely day it has been.

#1689 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Yes I agree with you, I went to Melbicks Garden Centre today with the wife and Granddaughter to get her a new rabbit run for the garden and another Hamster. I sat outside on a bench sunning myself for about three parts of an hour while they were inside. I was so warm and comfortable that I nodded off. I was supposed to meet them inside in the café and I never made it. The wife says I did it on purpose so I didn't have to pay.

Phil

phil

#1690 by astoness , Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Posted by denise
Evening all,what a lovely day it has been.

its a quick evening from me den...im getting tired now..

night night all..[Gone to Bed]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1691 by Voltman , Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Posted by phil
Volty

I bough my 1k ZX81 for £99 in 1981 and a few moths later I bought another 15k add on memory that plugged into the back of it, I can't remember the cost of that. This combined with a tape cassette for recording and loading programmes made the whole thing very shaky and prone to disasters. I never owned a spectrum I went from the ZX81 to the Atari.

Phil

I wasn't aware of any plug in facility on the ZX 81. Now I'm going to have to go in the loft and dig mine out.
It's about time it was powered up again. It must have been extremely trying to have to play program's approaching 16k into the ZX by tape.
My next machine was a Dragon32, it could talk and play chess, though not necessarily simultaneously.
Some program's and the speech module came as cartridges, much more civilised than the tape machine which was still needed for saving one's own program's.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 03.01.2012 | Top

#1692 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Evening all, now you've all gone to bed, suppose I'll talk to myself, lovely day today ,even been walking round in my shirt sleeves.
Don't worry Graham.
Volty, my first computer was made of wood and nails, only thing wrong with it you couldn't do anything with it.
Goodnight all.

signman

#1693 by Sheldonboy , Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:32 am

Good morning world

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1694 by Sheldonboy , Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:02 am

Its a nice bright but chilly start to the day here in Brum. I may just pop into the cafe this morning.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1695 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:17 am

Morning Graham,tell them breakfast is on me, I'll send them a cheque.
Sunny,but chilly this morning.
What about old Hump being chosen to represent us in Eurovision,is it a joke or are they serious,mind you we haven't produced a good male singer since Matt Monro.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor