Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1516 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:35 am

Good Morning All

Looks like another nice day in front of us, I hope it stays like this for Easter. I've just booked up to take the kids away the week after Easter so I'm hoping it stays fine although we are going a bit early this year. Prices for the Spring holiday (May/June) seem to have leapt up this year. I think everybody is taking advantage of the extra day for the Queens jubilee so prices have risen accordingly everywhere.

It's not that I mind paying a little extra, but it usually means that everywhere is crowded and there are queues for everything. Queues and kids I have found don't mix.

Phil

phil

#1517 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:47 am

Phil, anything and kids don't mix,when kids are on holiday I go nowhere.

signman

#1518 by astoness , Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 pm

what another lovely day weather wise...spent another hour in the garden planting 30 gladioli bulbs and scattered wild flower seeds...should be quite colourful come the summer...i hope...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1519 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Evening All, another working week over, shame on you John talking about kids like that.
I love kids, I grew up with them. But I couldn't eat a whole one.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1520 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 pm

I take my grandkids with me everywhere I always have and I always will. I started with my own kids, then my grandkids and now my great grandkids. I never tire of them, I even allow them in my office and that is sacred ground where no one else is allowed to tread.

Phil

phil
Last edited Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:20 pm | Top

#1521 by astoness , Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Posted by phil
I take my grandkids with me everywhere I always have and I always will. I started with my own kids, then my grandkids and now my great grandkids. I never tire of them, I even allow then in my office and that is sacred ground where no one else is allowed to tread.

Phil

good on you phil...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1522 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:21 pm

I wonder why all the posts are changing themselves to bold face type?

Phil

phil

#1523 by astoness , Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm

i noticed that phil..i think its ok though..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1524 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm glad you posted that Phil I thought my phone was playing up.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1525 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Yes it's all rather strange, but as it does no harm (at least I think not) lets not worry about it.

Phil

phil

#1526 by astoness , Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Posted by phil
Yes it's all rather strange, but as it does no harm (at least I think not) lets not worry about it.

Phil

never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you phil..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1527 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:06 pm

I spent most of the day today tracking down a reasonable insurance quote for my granddaughter who was quoted £1600 today from the company she is with at the moment. Thats with a tracker installed in the car to make sure she doesn't drive it between 10.p.m. and 6.a.m.

She had this insurance for the last year and was annoyed when she had to pay £100 when she used the car once at midnight in an emergency and the company wouldn't accept her reason why.

So I spent some time today and found her a company with a saving of £500 with no restrictions on use. Whilst I realise that high insurance premiums are the fault of young drivers and its only fair that they should pay higher premiums I do think some companies take advantage.

Phil

phil
Last edited Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:30 pm | Top

#1528 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Posted by phil
I spent most of the day today tracking down a reasonable insurance quote for my granddaughter who was quoted £1600 today from the company she is with at the moment. Thats with a tracker installed in the car to make sure she doesn't drive it between 10.p.m. and 6.a.m.

She had this insurance for the last year and was annoyed when she had to pay £100 when she used the car one at midnight in an emergency and the company wouldn't accept her reason why.

So I spent some time today and found her a company with a saving of £500 with no restrictions on use. Whilst I realise that high insurance premiums are the fault of young drivers and its only fair that they should pay higher premiums I do think some companies take advantage.

Phil

Phil this is just another chapter in this rip off story of life. sometimes I think that we are the modern day Serfs and anytime we get more than three pigs some big Baron of some description comes and takes one away.
We have banks losing our money, we have our Politicians stealing our money in expenses, Our Government gives our country away and everyone else is taking our infrastructure and selling it to scrapyards. Why worry about making thousands redundant, we have a steady supply of new people coming into the country that will do the work cheaper. I keep hearing about Rip off Britain, I am getting sick to death of Ripped Off Britain.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1529 by astoness , Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:41 pm

phil ive never heard of this tracker thing stopping you from driving between certain times...whats the idea of that then...its like being tagged when released early from prison....[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1530 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:48 pm

I am off to watch New Tricks innabit, does anyone know if its a new series or not.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor