Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#1141 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Lyn

When the weather gets a bit better I intend to give the Craven Arms a try one of the dinner times. It's the only pub I ever got threw out of after me and a mate and a couple of young ladies had a couple of drinks in after a session in the Greyhound.

phil

#1142 by astoness , Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #22258
Lyn

When the weather gets a bit better I intend to give the Craven Arms a try one of the dinner times. It's the only pub I ever got threw out of after me and a mate and a couple of young ladies had a couple of drinks in after a session in the Greyhound.

that will be the one in upper gough st phil thats just re opened...its on my list so just give us a shout... and dont worry if they remember you i will tell them you are with me..that should really do it

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 03.17.2013 | Top

#1143 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm

I was just looking at the photo competition and it reminded me of another pub I got my ticket from and I honestly don't know what for. Me and a mate had promised to do some work on his parents caravan at Fradley Junction ans we did the work and headed for the pub on the canal the Swan I think it's called. This was back about 1963/64, we were a couple of greedy young pigs even then so later in the evening when we got locked in we really went to town.

The next morning we awoke in the caravan to find my mate had been sick in our shoes because they were on the floor by the bed which we had apparently shared (we were still fully clothed even our coats) but we had managed to take our shoes off. We had some breakfast and headed for the pub, on entering the gaffer came to the bar and just said "Sorry lads but after last night no chance" He wouldn't even tell us what we had done, and to this day I still don't know.

phil

#1144 by mikejee , Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Yes Phil, that is irriutating when you can't remember why.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#1145 by astoness , Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #22260
I was just looking at the photo competition and it reminded me of another pub I got my ticket from and I honestly don't know what for. Me and a mate had promised to do some work on his parents caravan at Fradley Junction ans we did the work and headed for the pub on the canal the Swan I think it's called. This was back about 1963/64, we were a couple of greedy young pigs even then so later in the evening when we got locked in we really went to town.

The next morning we awoke in the caravan to find my mate had been sick in our shoes because they were on the floor by the bed which we had apparently shared (we were still fully clothed even our coats) but we had managed to take our shoes off. We had some breakfast and headed for the pub, on entering the gaffer came to the bar and just said "Sorry lads but after last night no chance" He wouldn't even tell us what we had done, and to this day I still don't know.

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 03.17.2013 | Top

#1146 by astoness , Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 pm

dont know what happened there i was trying to post a pic but it didnt work..will try again..as i was trying to say phil round about the time of your lock in at the pub at fradley i was going to my aunts caravan nearly every weekend...wondered why the police were swarming the site[Laugh Out Loud] the pub was indeed the swan..formally known as the mucky duck...happy days..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1147 by astoness , Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 pm

trying again to post a pic..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1148 by astoness , Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:15 pm

nope its not working...think the site has problems tonight couldnt get on earlier and the message system was all over the place..will try again tomorrow...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1149 by Sheldonboy , Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:49 am

Good morning everyone, Very frosty this morning and just got to Small Heath and its incredibly Foggy. I can also tell you its very cold.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1150 by astoness , Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 am

morning SB...no fog over this way but very cold out...

phil i see the pics i tried to post last night of the swan are now showing.

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1151 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 am

I know there must have been some sort of a problem last night. I got thrown out of the site halfway through a post (somewhere else) and I couldn't log back on for about 15 minutes and when I managed to get back on I couldn't post a photo. Xobor are normally pretty good at sorting this sort of thing out, and this morning everything is back to normal.

phil

#1152 by astwood , Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:20 am

Morning All
Nice and sunny so off to the pub i go

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#1153 by Sheldonboy , Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm

That day went quick.

Good evening everyone. It's going very chilly tonight.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#1154 by astoness , Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #22268
I know there must have been some sort of a problem last night. I got thrown out of the site halfway through a post (somewhere else) and I couldn't log back on for about 15 minutes and when I managed to get back on I couldn't post a photo. Xobor are normally pretty good at sorting this sort of thing out, and this morning everything is back to normal.

phil did you see the pic of the swan i posted for you..

evening one and all...poss snow forecast for tomorrow..[Frowning]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1155 by Sheldonboy , Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #22271
Quote: phil wrote in post #22268

phil did you see the pic of the swan i posted for you..

evening one and all...poss snow forecast for tomorrow..[Frowning]

Great we havn't seen SNOW for ages.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor