Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#2071 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:10 pm

I. Know it can be good fun.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2072 by mikejee , Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #23183
Phil's, a very busy person and he doesn't get the time to lounge about in the garden. He also doesn't like direct sunlight and on a day like today he would be hiding away in the shade somewhere.

Does that mean I should carry a silver cross at the next meet?

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#2073 by astoness , Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:08 am

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #23189
[quote=phil|p82276]Phil's, a very busy person and he doesn't get the time to lounge about in the garden. He also doesn't like direct sunlight and on a day like today he would be hiding away in the shade somewhere.

Does that mean I should carry a silver cross at the next meet?

and dont forget the garlic mike[Little LOL]

good morning all...black country museum for me this morning should be nice day...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#2074 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:42 am

Good morning everyone.
Have a nice day at the BCM LyN

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2075 by astoness , Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:43 am

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #23191
Good morning everyone.
Have a nice day at the BCM LyN

thank you SB im sure i will

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2076 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:46 am

Morning All,

Yes I'm sure it will be a nice day Lyn and I'm sure it will be warmer than the last time I went. You do know they have moved the chippy now?

phil

#2077 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:07 am

Good morning Phil, I don't think they have moved the Chippy, they have opened another on with tables to eat in but I think they are both open on busy days. Their website may clarify this.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2078 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:34 am

SB

When I was there in April it looked permanently closed to me I think the new one which is larger has taken over. That's it on the left of this photo (not my photo).

phil

#2079 by astoness , Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:29 pm

evening all...had a lovely 4th time at the black country museum today...weather was great too..[Big Smile]

phil when i first went about 6 years back they only had the little chippy but it just could not cope with the demand..the queues were over the bridge and round the corner..then a couple of years back the larger one was introduced...as SB said earlier they do open the little one as well when the place is packed..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 06.08.2013 | Top

#2080 by Deleted User , Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Glad you had a good time Lyn.All this talk of chips makes me want some.
Car boot tomorrow.......love it.

#2081 by astoness , Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:30 am

morning all....enjoy the boot sale den...hope you get a few bargains..was thinking about going to one over tamworth this morning but after 5 hours of walking round the BCM yesterday i dont think me old knees would take it today[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#2082 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:19 am

Morning All

Denise, I haven't been to a car boot for ages I think the last one I went to was Wellsbourne and that wa pretty good.

Lyn, I think the BCLM only gets better with age, I bet it was busy yesterday.

phil

#2083 by astoness , Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #23199
Morning All

Denise, I haven't been to a car boot for ages I think the last one I went to was Wellsbourne and that wa pretty good.

hi phil...i would agree with that...they add to it every so often as well..some of the buildings can take up to 3 years to rebuild and of course the longer they are there the more they look as though they have always been there..take the bottle and glass pub for instance...its been there since the 70s but you wouldnt think so..even the old cellar was rebuilt...i could quite easily spend the whole day in that pub..wouldnt take much to twist me arm[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 06.09.2013 | Top

#2084 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #23200
Morning All

hi phil...i would agree with that...they add to it every so often as well..some of the buildings can take up to 3 years to rebuild and of course the longer they are there the more they look as though they have always been there..take the bottle and glass pub for instance...its been there since the 70s but you wouldnt think so..even the old cellar was rebuilt...i could quite easily spend the whole day in that pub..wouldnt take much to twist me arm[Little LOL]

Lyn you could spend the whole day in any pub.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#2085 by astoness , Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #23201
Quote: astoness wrote in post #23200
Morning All

Lyn you could spend the whole day in any pub.

well this is true gra....[Little LOL] as i was walking round yesterday it stuck me that isnt it such a shame that in the 60s or even the 70s bcc did not have the same insight as the black country..yes we have the little back to backs and boy didnt we have to fight to keep them....i can only take my hat off to the BCM for saving and preserving so much wonderful history...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 06.09.2013 | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor