Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Hello everyone

#166 by The Mitz , Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:09 am

I live in Moseley at the moment. I probably wouldnt choose to live in Alum Rock or Saltley, but then again I have shopped and walked around Sparkbrook recently and not felt worried at all. I see where you are coming from, and Solihull and Shirley are a bit different. But 20 years ago Moseley was a drug haven, but now its a nice place to be.

There are certainly areas of Birmingham I wouldnt want to live in, and compared to the 70's it is certainly different here in Birmingham, but there are areas of every city the same I guess

www.jonjones.eu

The Mitz
Date registered 12.19.2013

#167 by astoness , Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 am

Quote: denniscarole wrote in post #25360
Mitz I disagree you cant even walk in places in Birmingham after dark, and there are places you cant walk in daylight You go and have a walk down Alum rock, Saltley and lots of other arrears I don't know were you live now but take a trip if you dare. And this is your country.. England your family and mine died for. Your country and you cant even walk down the streets.So what your saying is if you come from Solihull its ok.Move to Alum Rock and see what Birmingham offers you then. It makes me sick to see what Birmingham has become .

Shard End boy

i wont say too much because i get very angry on this subject expect to say hear hear dennis..totally agree with you..

good morning all...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#168 by The Mitz , Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 am

Quote: astoness wrote in post #25362
Mitz I disagree you cant even walk in places in Birmingham after dark, and there are places you cant walk in daylight You go and have a walk down Alum rock, Saltley and lots of other arrears I don't know were you live now but take a trip if you dare. And this is your country.. England your family and mine died for. Your country and you cant even walk down the streets.So what your saying is if you come from Solihull its ok.Move to Alum Rock and see what Birmingham offers you then. It makes me sick to see what Birmingham has become .

Shard End boy

i wont say too much because i get very angry on this subject expect to say hear hear dennis..totally agree with you..

good morning all...

Why not say more then, its good to hear peoples insights on the subject

www.jonjones.eu

The Mitz

#169 by astoness , Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Quote: The Mitz wrote in post #25363

Shard End boy

good morning all...

hi mitz..i really think my reply should be sufficient for everyone to get my drift...rather not elaborate on the subject and get myself banned..i like it on here..[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 01.13.2014 | Top

#170 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:37 pm

I held myself back when writing this. What I really think is unprintable.

Shard End boy

denniscarole

#171 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Shard End boy

Some of this I agree with. But I will say that any bad parts of Birmingham are more than mirrored around the country. Brum is still a pretty safe place to be. Anyone walked around Liverpool or Manchester lately

The only way is up
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#172 by The Mitz , Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #25364
Quote: The Mitz wrote in post #25363

Shard End boy

good morning all...

hi mitz..i really think my reply should be sufficient for everyone to get my drift...rather not elaborate on the subject and get myself banned..i like it on here..[Little LOL]

Oh ... I'm not really sure why elaborating on why you dont like the way Birmingham has changed will get you banned, but hey ho :-)

I have wandered around Manchester at night, fairly recently. It's a bit scary, probably because I dont know the place that well. London ... well .... I dont like going there, I never have. Feel like I'm being ripped off wherever I go.

Birmingham, yes I agree Sheldonboy. I wouldnt really fancy wandering up Broad Street for instance on a Saturday night ... but then, why would I anyway? It's not like I do the pub crawling any more at my age :-) However it wouldn't phase me too much in the city centre at night as Ive never found it very threatening.

Take it back to the 70's, and I dont remember ever feeling uncomfortable anywhere in the City, and I remember going to some pretty grotty places

www.jonjones.eu

The Mitz

#173 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Mitz I think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. Take it back to the 70's, and I don't remember ever feeling uncomfortable anywhere in the City, and I remember going to some pretty grotty places

Shard End boy.

denniscarole

#174 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Evening all a decent day weather wise only draw back was shopping this morning ,I hate shopping .

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#175 by astoness , Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:18 pm

evening jo..its been pouring down here for the past few hours...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#176 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Evening lyn it's starting to rain here now. shopping was for my wife,s birthday present,it's tomorrow.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#177 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Good evening everyone, I came out of work in torrential rain, I have just heard on the telly that there is another band of heavy rain on the way for tomorrow.

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#178 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 pm

I feel a journey is on the cards soon to the fish market. Penny winks. Cockles, Prawns, Mussels, Crab claws got my little pick axe ready. Definitely no Welches or jellied eels.

Shard End boy

denniscarole

#179 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Sounds like a good idea Den, I know food like that is very good but I can't eat most it, I do like prawns though.

The only way is up

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#180 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:24 pm

That is a real shame. I love nearly all seafood

Shard End boy

denniscarole

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor