Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1126 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:47 am

It must be 40 years since I even sat on a bike, let alone rode one. I wouldn't know how to now. Beans on toast (with brown sauce) only comes second to Egg & Chips with plenty of salt and vinegar.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1127 by Frothy , Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Posted by Sheldonboy
Is that when you retire then Froth.

Evening all.

Yes SB. Don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

#1128 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Frothy

Six months from the date you retire think on those words "Don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait " and see if you still feel the same. I had always planned to retire at 55, but at 57 I was forced into it by bad heath. I would return to work tomorrow if they let me.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#1129 by Frothy , Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Posted by phil
Frothy

Six months from the date you retire think on those words "Don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait " and see if you still feel the same. I had always planned to retire at 55, but at 57 I was forced into it by bad heath. I would return to work tomorrow if they let me.

Phil

I see where your coming from phil. I do wish you had your health to return to work.
I hate my work with a passion, I'm tired and I want to rest.
I would love to retire early and see if I get bored but I don't think I would.

Frothy
Date registered 07.15.2010

Last edited 08.19.2010 | Top

#1130 by Templer , Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Posted by phil
Frothy

Phil

The same goes for me Phil, having to finish work through ill health nearly three years ago.
At the time I had been trained to do a job I loved, but never for one second have I felt the urge to return to work.
The wife keeps me busy.

Templer  
Templer
Date registered 07.17.2010

#1131 by Deleted User , Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Sometimes bing at home is great,other times you can feel not a part of much anymore.I try to keep as busy as I can.

#1132 by astoness , Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:00 pm

good evening all...[Big Smile] was out this afternoon and just got back in time before the heavens opened up...it persisting down here...oh phil...this will please you.....i didnt get up till 9.30 this morning...how about that then...[Skipping Happy]

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#1133 by Deleted User , Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Evening Lyn[Big Smile]

#1134 by astoness , Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:06 pm

evening denise...done anything nice today...oh and whats the weather like by you...

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1135 by Deleted User , Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 pm

No just shopped and bit of housework,just walked the dogs in the pouring rain and we are all soaking LOL

#1136 by astoness , Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:38 pm

thats the only trouble with rain den..its gets you wet...lol...for those of you who i have not told for the past 2 years or so on and off i have spent weeks and umpteen hours going through old newpapers at the central library searching for an article that was written about the acorn pub..wheeler st..lozells..our dad told me his pic was on it and it was taken sometime in the 60s and by the evening mail or the sunday merc..well anyhow i had no luck finding it after searching from 1960 to 69...well i am still reeling because the other day someone found it on a newspaper site and just posted it because it was about the acorn..neaver suspecting that it was the one i had been looking for..before i even clicked on the pic to enlarge it there was no doubt in my mind that it was our dad sitting down with a paper checking out the gee gees..but the amazing thing is i would never have found it because dad not only got the year wrong but also the paper it was in...it was taken in 59 and by the daily mirror..what a stroke of luck..thought you may like to see it...to say i am chuffed is an understatment...[Skipping Happy]

lyn

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1137 by Sheldonboy , Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Posted by astoness
good evening all...[Big Smile] was out this afternoon and just got back in time before the heavens opened up...it persisting down here...oh phil...this will please you.....i didnt get up till 9.30 this morning...how about that then...[Skipping Happy]

lyn

I can't believe I have just read that. Phils habits are rubbing off on you.[Musical]

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#1138 by astoness , Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:55 pm

hi SB..well i did wake up at about 6 ish..did a cuppa and took it up..drank half of it and went back to sleep...[Gone to Sleep]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#1139 by Deleted User , Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Lyn well done to you,you must be so pleased.[Razz]

#1140 by signman ( deleted ) , Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Just got in from trhe pub, bored out of my brains, don't ever anyone tell you that retirement is great, it's not.

signman

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor