lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

RE: Open All Hours

#3437 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:17 am

Good Morining each,

Yes there were quit a few problems on site last night, lets hope they are all over with now.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3438 by astoness , Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 am

morning den..sorry you had a sad day yesterday...funerals are never easy...will be back later to try and cheer you up....[Silly Grin] maybe we should get out the hammers and batter everyone...[Little LOL]

lyn x

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3439 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:52 am

Beautiful morning here, and we have another one!

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#3440 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 am

Whats the second photo John, another bank being converted to a pub? It annoys the hell out of me when they close down good old fashioned pubs because the are not modern and funky and convert some of these old mausoleums in to pubs because they only have one big room. It's the main reason why lots of the old societies and clubs are struggling because modern pubs have no club rooms and the ones that do are charging now.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3441 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:07 am

Phil, clock the sign, it's another b*****y Weatherspoons.

signman

#3442 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 am

How about this for your morning coffee, these cups are 9" across.

signman

#3443 by astoness , Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:21 am

nice pics john..shame about the 2nd one being turned into yet another weatherspoons...couldnt beleive it when they turned the argus at one stop perry barr into the same type of pub...just goes to show they will use any type of building thats going begging...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3444 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 am

Shop was closed ,so I got the pic from their web site, pound and a half of chocolate, don't know how tall, but you must be mad to pay £70 for it.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
signman

#3445 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 am

Lyn

What annoys me is, why don't they take one of the older pubs and invest some money in doing one of those up. We are loosing some lovely old buildings at a rate of knots. I pass by the Gospel Oak (Acocks Green) occasionally on the way to my sons, that is being converted into apartments and they are building houses on the gardens and bowling greens. Remember them in pubs bowling greens? At least the building itself is being spared.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:46 am | Top

#3446 by astoness , Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 am

oh phil..you know only too well how i have banged on over the years about the loss of so many of our historical building..and yes while i agree with you that at least the shell of the buildings are being saved what is happening all too often is that the insides are completely gutted..one building springs to mind that i worry about and thats the old fire station...i worry so much that all the wonderful art decco inside that drab exterior will be lost forever...pretty sure ive posted pics on here of the interior...the latest info i have on that by the way is that the developer has run out of money...tell you what if i find out that the interior is to be removed i shall set up a picket line and chain meself to the railings and i am not joking....

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3447 by berniew , Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Good evening no one about are you wearing your loin cloth again SB something has frightened the girls off

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#3448 by astoness , Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:48 pm

evening bernie...[Skipping Happy] well im back after my earlier rant[Little LOL] how are you today...it was a bit cold out here today...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3449 by astoness , Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:50 pm

evening phil...[Big Smile]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#3450 by berniew , Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:59 pm

I'm fine Lyn thanks the weather is a bit parky , do you think you could scoff one of those christmas trees it would be anexpensive snack at £70 .I just popped up to thr retail park at Shirley with the wife Toys r US , B@Q and Homebase There are some lovely christmas decorations trees etc but some are really expensive . Have you been busy or hibernating

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor