Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Birmingham St Georges Day Association News

#16 by astoness , Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:15 pm

amazing isnt it...the affro caribbeans are allowed to hold music parties underneath (of all places) hockley flyover more than once a year...these events are supported by birmingham city council i will also say that i have no problem with others having their day so long as we can have ours but why is it that we english are singled out to get the boot..i shall say no more now ive said my piece and i shall be holding my own st georges day celebrations next year...

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 08.31.2015 | Top

#17 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:03 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #16
amazing isnt it...the affro caribbeans are allowed to hold music parties underneath (of all places) hockley flyover more than once a year...these events are supported by birmingham city council i will also say that i have no problem with others having their day so long as we can have ours but why is it that we english are singled out to get the boot..i shall say no more now ive said my piece and i shall be holding my own st georges day celebrations next year...

Lyn all groups have lost their funding, St Patricks Day, Gay Pride etc etc.
St Georges Day is the first bacause it is the first in the financial calendar year.
If anyone is interested there will be a St Georges day show at Sutton Coldfield town Hall. My wife Jo and I have been asked to help out on the day.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#18 by astoness , Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:39 pm

we shall see next year if that comes about SB..i shall be keeping a keen eye on all events now...im glad you and jo have been asked to help out at sutton you put so much into the one in birmingham over the years..good for sutton giving their town hall up for the day..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 08.31.2015 | Top

#19 by Sheldonboy , Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:55 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #18
we shall see next year if that comes about SB..i shall be keeping a keen eye on all events now...im glad you and jo have been asked to help out at sutton you put so much into the one in birmingham over the years..good for sutton giving their town hall up for the day..

The Sutton show is a double edged sword. The Town Hall is now run by a private group. It has to be self financing. It's a beautiful building and St Georges Day will be a great time for us to help them out.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor