Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Hi Folks, My Name's Michele

#1 by Michele , Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi Folks ....... My names Michele , yes I'm a proper true Brummie , if you heard my very broad Brummie accent you'd think I was the only one left ! First of all I only have a little Blackberry to communicate with you all but I love this little phone (PC full of errors so don't use it ) . Secondly on first impressions I've found the lay out of your site quite confusing , took me quite a while to grasp how to write this message but I suppose I'll get the hang of it soon enough. Thirdley why is it in a foreign language ? Totally baffled , bewildered , confused and frustrated me to the point I nearly gave up before I'd started . (Hope I'm doing this right) But anyway after clicking this and clicking that in a foreign language (which I didn't understand) I'm finally on ..... Phew ! It's not as easily explained as face book I find or is it just me ? Anyway I'm here so 'Hello' everyone !

Michele  
Michele
Date registered 08.24.2015

Last edited 08.31.2015 | Top

RE: Hi Folks ....... My names Michele

#2 by Michele , Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:00 pm

See why has my post come out in 3 sections ? Very frustrating ! Is the language I see German on this site ? Why is that ?

Michele  
Michele

Last edited 08.26.2015 | Top

RE: Hi Folks ....... My name's Michele

#3 by Voltman , Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:33 am

Hello Michele,
Welcome to Brummies Talking.

I don't know precisely what problems you are experiencing but I shall look into it as joining and using this forum should be easy and straight forward on any device, in fact our glorious founder started it on a Blackberry.
One thing you did have trouble with was the topic title. You started writing your post in the title area which on a small screen may have been the only text area visible. I have edited it.
I think the three sections you refer to are Title, Post Body and Signature Area. On a PC they all merge into one unit

Because the forum hosts are a German company, Xobor, we have some German language in the forum template.
On the whole this is only visible to Admin and doesn't cause problems to the members so if any member gets a message, function or button in German I would be pleased to hear about it.
It has been known for members to see the German version of our template and I believe this is due to not having accepted the cookies at log-in or subsequently deleting the cookies.

As you say, You are here now and I look forward to your future input.

Regards
Voltman

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 08.27.2015 | Top

#4 by Sheldonboy , Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi Michele and welcome, I hope you are sorted out now.
Volty's advice is always useful. I look forward to chatting to you. Sheldonboy.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by astwood , Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Michele welcome to the forum

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#6 by astoness , Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:31 pm

welcome to the forum michele..enjoy

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 08.27.2015 | Top

#7 by Michele , Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:55 am

Thank you for the welcome ...... Do I receive messages / notifications from my posts automatically through my emails as I haven't had any as yet . Not to worry if I don't . Still finding this site a bit confusing to use . Can you direct me in the way of a menu to be reading other members posts . ? I will persevere and succeed . Just getting used to the layout on a small phone so bear with me. X

Michele  
Michele

#8 by Sheldonboy , Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi Michele you will find Brummies talking is quite simple,just like most of the members.
The main page is the home page if you scroll to the bottom of the home page you will see Newest Posts. When they come up you click on any of them and they open up. You then click on Reply and a window opens up for you.
As for messages you can send a private message to any member. These are very private, even as a Moderator and site owner I cannot possibly read other people's messages. Unless of course they are to me.
Post as often as you like it's great having you with us.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#9 by Voltman , Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:55 am

Michelle, a few things that might help....

You can turn on 'notifications by email' in the settings area of your account.
Click on "Options" in the top menu bar then choose "Settings".
While you are in there choose "Flat" as the Layout in Topic.
Also choose "Newest Posts First" for the Thread Order.

If you want to be notified of posts to a particular thread you have to Subscribe to that thread by ticking the box at the bottom of your own post.

Xobor's help page can be found here. Imprint

The Latest Posts link can be found on the top menu bar.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Hi Everyone

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor