Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Lost in Cyberspace.

#1 by PJ , Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks to Sheldon Boy and Voltman for assisting in my return. Older, definitely none the wiser. whoops out of power. be back soon.

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

RE: Lost in Cyberspace.

#2 by Sheldonboy , Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:22 am

Welcome back PJ you have been well missed. Sheldonboy.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by PJ , Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi everyone I have been vegetating, getting grumpier, and its so easy, you could say I've got a talent for it. So many things have changed and changing. Shopping in Erdington I feel like I'm on holiday.Faces and languages from other shores fill the pavements and shops, nothing negative in that, its just that I have lost that homely feeling that I took for granted when out local. Aside from whatever benefits they tell us whether financial or otherwise that come with so many foreigners racing to get here that I have had to revalue no that's the wrong word, I have had to change the way I think. It would have been so easy to poo poo it and them all, I must admit I went down that road for a while but it gave me the feeling of isolation and would of only fill my head with angst, is that a word, well it fitted the feeling. So now I want to make friends with them in the hope that it will blow away any hidden grudges, after all, their just looking for a better life. The other day sat on bench in Erdington High Street amid busy crowds of all descriptions I had the thought that would I want to return to the way England was and my first thought was no.

God! looking back over this you might think I'm a suitable case for treatment. You have Sheldon Boy and Voltman to thank for this.
Good to be back, get the old grey sparking up. Right, find my way round the Forum again.

PJ  
PJ

#4 by PJ , Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Wow just found out that its been four years since I last posted Wow.

PJ  
PJ

#5 by PJ , Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:55 am

Sorry about that folks just waffling on will reset the old head, I mean its been a while

PJ  
PJ

#6 by Sheldonboy , Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:05 am

Good morning PJ. Just got up to make a drink
Great post, most of us feel like strangers at home now.
Back to bed for a while. Nice to see you back pal. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by Voltman , Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:22 am

A visit to Yardley Tesco is like standing in a foreign airport.
So many languages, and so often from people alone who are on the phone.

Calendars for all years
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#8 by Sheldonboy , Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Any Brummie supermarket is like that.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by Sheldonboy , Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Quote: PJ wrote in post #3
Hi everyone I have been vegetating, getting grumpier, and its so easy, you could say I've got a talent for it. So many things have changed and changing. Shopping in Erdington I feel like I'm on holiday.Faces and languages from other shores fill the pavements and shops, nothing negative in that, its just that I have lost that homely feeling that I took for granted when out local. Aside from whatever benefits they tell us whether financial or otherwise that come with so many foreigners racing to get here that I have had to revalue no that's the wrong word, I have had to change the way I think. It would have been so easy to poo poo it and them all, I must admit I went down that road for a while but it gave me the feeling of isolation and would of only fill my head with angst, is that a word, well it fitted the feeling. So now I want to make friends with them in the hope that it will blow away any hidden grudges, after all, their just looking for a better life. The other day sat on bench in Erdington High Street amid busy crowds of all descriptions I had the thought that would I want to return to the way England was and my first thought was no.

God! looking back over this you might think I'm a suitable case for treatment. You have Sheldon Boy and Voltman to thank for this.
Good to be back, get the old grey sparking up. Right, find my way round the Forum again.

PJ after reading this very deep thinking post. I am beginning to understand your thinking and perspective on people. For any of us can say that we hate foreigners, don't like this nationality or that nationality. Or any particular colour or creed.
I can say with some certainty that if you find a bad white Brummie, he will be an absolutely horrible pig.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#10 by Slow Jo , Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Many many years ago handsworth was a posh area ,but I watched it change so much ,went back to see my sister in hockley last summer, didn't feel safe going down soho road ,was glad to get back to telford ,it has changed so much just in my lifetime.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

Last edited 12.11.2014 | Top

#11 by Sheldonboy , Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Got to agree about Handsworth Jo. Many parts of Hockley (The Jewelry Quarter bit) are quite good though.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#12 by Slow Jo , Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Yes I have to agree with that ,I went to thornhill road junior school ,coming home one afternoon saw my first black man ,frightened the life out of me, ran all the way home told mom ,she did'nt believe me,she would now.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#13 by Sheldonboy , Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:55 pm

I remember when I was very young, if we saw a black man we made a wish. I suppose in a way it helped us not to be frightened of them.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Hi Everyone...

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor