Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: From Birmingham City Council

#46 by mikejee , Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:34 pm

As its not for the first time it must be being recycled, so we are doing the right thing

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#47 by Voltman , Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:04 am

From the Birmingham Crappy Council website….

All collections of bulky waste are now chargeable.
Why not recycle or give them to charity?
To find out where your nearest recycling points are please go to: http://www.bebirmingham.org.uk/recycling_map.php

Alternatively, you can take items to your local housing recycling centre for disposal. There is no charge for this service.
You can order this collection service by calling our contact centre on 0121 303 1112 or online by clicking on the button above and completing the form. The cost is £25 for the collection of up to 6 items.
If you order online you will receive a £2.00 discount. Before you order the service you will need to access or register for an online account. It only takes a few minutes and means you will be able to track progress of your request(s).

Calendars for all years
Latest Posts

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#48 by Voltman , Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 am

Every week since we started using wheelie bins I have had to complain to to the council about the bins not being returned.
Hemming has written to environmental services about it three times.

So what happened this morning? Bin taken away and not brought back. If it wasn't for men in their eighties returning the bins on behalf of the bone idle useless dickheads that took them away they would get left in the road.

If this was the other way round then this clause in their specification would apply to us….
2.4 Whilst the Council expects households to comply by presenting their recycling and refuse for collection in the containers provided for their property, if persistent non- compliance is identified the Council will, if necessary, consider using formal powers in order to ensure compliance in accordance with section 21 of this document (enforcement provisions).

And if we try to present our waste in any other way….
10.5 The Council expects households to comply by presenting their recycling and refuse for collection in the wheelie bins which the Council considers appropriate for their particular premises. If persistent non-compliance with this requirement is identified the Council will, if necessary, consider using formal powers in accordance with section 21 of this document in order to ensure compliance.

Then there are other clauses…..
14.7 Once wheelie bins have been emptied, the Council will return the wheelie bins to the point from where they were collected. In appropriate circumstances (shared / communal containers) it will be the responsibility of the Management Company, etc., to retrieve the container from the collection point and return it to any designated storage area.

15.1 Householders, except those with ‘Assisted Collection’ arrangements, will be expected to place their wheelie bins at the specified collection point on their scheduled collection day (or no earlier than 3.30pm the day before) and then retrieve their wheelie bin from the collection point as soon as possible, once emptied.

15.2 Where it is established that this service standard is repeatedly being ignored without good reason, enforcement action will, if necessary, be considered in accordance with section 21 of this Service Specification.

21.0 Overview
21.1 The Council recognises that the service requirements contained in this specification will take time to be fully understood and will take a reasonable approach in managing this change process.
21.2 Consequently, the Council will adopt an approach that will offer advice, support and guidance as the first and preferred way to establish this policy. However, the Council recognises that the use of formal enforcement powers may be necessary in some circumstances. Such powers will be utilised in a transparent, reasonable and proportionate way.
21.3 Where, without reasonable cause, an occupier persists in not complying with this Service Specification, for example by not presenting recycling and waste for collection on the required day, in the required containers, or by deliberately over-filling or
Appendix 7 – Service Specification 19 contaminating the containers, then the Council will adopt a 3-stage approach in attempting to resolve the issue.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 01.28.2015 | Top

#49 by Cleopatra , Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Sounds like we could have the same binmen as the one's on our route do exactly the same. Last week my bin was left in a really dangerous place and a car could have easily hit it.

Cleopatra
Date registered 02.01.2014

Last edited 01.28.2015 | Top

#50 by astoness , Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:28 am

Quote: Cleopatra wrote in post #49
Sounds like we could have the same binmen as the one's on our route do exactly the same. Last week my bin was left in a really dangerous place and a car could have easily hit it.

well cleo and volty we have long since been doing the bin mens jobs for them so this does not surprise me at all....as we are a family of 4 adults in this house 3 black bags of rubbish is about the norm..sometimes 4 depending on much i feed them lol..anyway we have devised a plan for when we have our wheelies very soon...we have 6 steps to get up to put the bins out on the street so to make it a little easier we shall still be putting our black bags in the 2 old black bins we have behind the shed then the night before collection the lads (they take it in turns) will take the empty wheelie which will be much lighter unladen to the pavement and then retrieve the black bags from behind the shed and put them in the wheelie...if i find that my wheelie has not been put back in the correct place the next week i shall be leaving just black bags on the pavement and they can then deal with me..if they cant do the job properly then sack them...there are plenty more willing youngsters desperate for a job who would happily take their place..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 01.29.2015 | Top

#51 by Voltman , Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:15 am

Well said Astoness.

I'm surprised you even qualify for a wheelie bin with your steps. In fact half of your area will have this problem.
You may as well just put the black bags out on the street. The only times we have found our bin where we left it is when they take the bags out of the bin. One week it had four inches of water in it because it was raining and they always leave the lids open.

Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#52 by astoness , Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 am

Quote: Voltman wrote in post #51
Well said Astoness.

I'm surprised you even qualify for a wheelie bin with your steps. In fact half of your area will have this problem.
You may as well just put the black bags out on the street. The only times we have found our bin where we left it is when they take the bags out of the bin. One week it had four inches of water in it because it was raining and they always leave the lids open.

hi volty i am only assuming we qualify but i think we will....there are far more properties around these parts that have more steps and steeper ones than i have....we will see...

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#53 by astwood , Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:57 pm

We havent got the bins up here yet i hope we can keep
the bags because we have steps and a steep drive

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#54 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Quote: astwood wrote in post #53
We havent got the bins up here yet i hope we can keep
the bags because we have steps and a steep drive

The bins seem very good, but not for you astwood.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#55 by Voltman , Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:09 am

Street sweeping lorry has cleaned our road twice in two days.

Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#56 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:37 am

Yes because its only 30 yards long.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#57 by astoness , Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:00 am

our wheelies will start being delivered here from next month...first collection in june...im really looking forward to this..[Frowning]

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#58 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:16 am

Must say Lyn I am really pleased with our bins. Easier than carrying cold wet bags up the path.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#59 by Voltman , Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:22 am

If you only put standard bin bags in the wheelie the binmorons will just take the bags out.
This begs the question of why anyone with steps, or no space for it, should bother to struggle with the wheelie in the first pace.

If you put in a mix of bags and carriers the binmorons will take your bin away but not bring it back.

Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 02.13.2015 | Top

#60 by astoness , Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:48 pm

well ive got 6 steps to get the wheelie bins up...its ok if you are on the flat but humping them laden up the steps will be no fun...thats why we are not going to do it...as explained in earlier post..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor