Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: WW1 PLAQUE FOUND AND SAVED

#91 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 26, 2014 7:24 am

Excellent Lyn. We will try to be at that too.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#92 by astoness , Mon May 26, 2014 7:39 am

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #91
Excellent Lyn. We will try to be at that too.

that would be great SB.soon as i have a date for the service will let you know...everyone is welcome to attend..must say that when i started this i never dreamt that we would have rellies of 3 of the men come forward...brilliant..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.26.2014 | Top

#93 by Sheldonboy , Mon May 26, 2014 8:07 am

Well done Lyn

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#94 by mikejee , Mon May 26, 2014 8:31 am

That's great Lyn. At this rate possibly more might also come forward

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#95 by astoness , Mon May 26, 2014 8:51 am

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #94
That's great Lyn. At this rate possibly more might also come forward

morning mike yes its great news isnt it...there should be quite a little gathering at the service...great result..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#96 by astoness , Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:53 pm

quick update folks..central news contacted me last week and asked if i would mind being filmed and interviewed about the postal plaque...i declined the offer saying that the story behind it has already been in the evening mail so i couldnt really add more to it..i forwarded the article onto them with an update of where we are at and suggested that it maybe better if central news attended the re dedication service and that way they could have a chat to the rellies of the men and also to ken stowe who saved the plaque in the first place...had a reply from them today and they said that date and time permitting they would love to be there..i on the other hand will be keeping a low profile as i feel that that day belongs to the families of those 7 brave men and to the men themselves who paid the ultimate price for our country...

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 06.02.2014 | Top

#97 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Well done Lyn you are a Superstar. Please let us have date as soon as you know it. We will do our best to be there. Thanks SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#98 by astoness , Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #97
Well done Lyn you are a Superstar. Please let us have date as soon as you know it. We will do our best to be there. Thanks SB

thats great SB..will keep you informed

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#99 by Slow Jo , Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Well done lyn, be proud of what you have done that plaque could have finished up in a scrap yard if not for you,I think you should get some credit for the time and effort you put in to get to where it is now,like to see it on telly,please let me know when it's on if you can, don't want to miss that ,maybe they will talk to you about your being involved with finding it .

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#100 by astoness , Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #99
Well done lyn, be proud of what you have done that plaque could have finished up in a scrap yard if not for you,I think you should get some credit for the time and effort you put in to get to where it is now,like to see it on telly,please let me know when it's on if you can, don't want to miss that ,maybe they will talk to you about your being involved with finding it .

thank you jo..it was a friend of a friend who found it though not me..kept it for over 40 years because he didnt know what to do with it...im just pleased it is now going to find a good home...

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#101 by astoness , Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:22 pm

final update folks..we now have a date for the re dedication service for our 7 postal workers...the rellies of 3 of the men can all attend and of course ken stowe who saved the plaque over 40 years ago will also be there..he is delighted as am i with the outcome..there will be a laying of a wreath and the last post played and possably other things going on on the day....if anyone would like to attend you are all most welcome..if so could you please private message me or post on this thread as we need a rough idea of numbers so that the seating can be ordered in..

lyn

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#102 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #101
final update folks..we now have a date for the re dedication service for our 7 postal workers...the rellies of 3 of the men can all attend and of course ken stowe who saved the plaque over 40 years ago will also be there..he is delighted as am i with the outcome..there will be a laying of a wreath and the last post played and possably other things going on on the day....if anyone would like to attend you are all most welcome..if so could you please private message me or post on this thread as we need a rough idea of numbers so that the seating can be ordered in..

lyn

Jo and I will attend Lyn

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#103 by astoness , Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:49 pm

thats great SB..look forward to seeing you both there..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#104 by Slow Jo , Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Lyn ,so pleased that all you effort's are now paying of, and that plaque is going to the place where it will be looked after,and those brave men will not be forgotten,be proud lyn you've done a really good job,saving it from being lost forever,and have a good day when you go to the rededication.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#105 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #104
Lyn ,so pleased that all you effort's are now paying of, and that plaque is going to the place where it will be looked after,and those brave men will not be forgotten,be proud lyn you've done a really good job,saving it from being lost forever,and have a good day when you go to the rededication.

Joe when some people do things like this it's because they are Glory hunters. I know Lyn is after no such limelight she just wants the right outcome for the men involved.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor