Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Roller skating rink.

#16 by astoness , Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:47 pm

behave SB..

dennis same here we also sat on the right as you go in...but in the section before the dj...i see you sat closer to the bar than i did..[Silly Grin]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#17 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:53 pm

I know i'm new to this forum but what does WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
mean.

Shard End boy.

denniscarole

#18 by astoness , Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:03 pm

take no notice of SB dennis its just him being himself..did you live in shard end when you used the rink...bit of a jaunt for you if you did

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#19 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 am

55 bus into town then walk to Edmund St I think for the number 80 something. all worth it. Wish other people went there so they could join in.

Shard End boy.

denniscarole

#20 by denniscarole ( deleted ) , Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Apart from Lyn unfortunately nobody else on this forum went to the roller rink. What a shame you don't know what you missed but there again this is a forum for all Brummies, so I think we should forget this thread .Never mind Lyn we have our memories.

Shard End boy.

denniscarole

#21 by astoness , Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Quote: denniscarole wrote in post #20
Apart from Lyn unfortunately nobody else on this forum went to the roller rink. What a shame you don't know what you missed but there again this is a forum for all Brummies, so I think we should forget this thread .Never mind Lyn we have our memories.

Shard End boy.

actually dennis considering we are only a small forum i think we are lucky to have 2 of us who went to the same rink...i was chuffed when you joined...it would have been one of the 80 buses you got...as you say we have our memories..something that cant be taken away from us..

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 12.04.2013 | Top

#22 by Sheldonboy , Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:00 pm

I didnt go to the Roller Rink but I did know it as I worked in Camden Street round the corner. While I worked in the area there was a guy who spent about two weeks living in a barrel up a pole outside the Rink. This would be around 1966-7. I lived across town from here until I went to work I had never heard of the place I am afraid.

The only way is up
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 12.04.2013 | Top

#23 by astoness , Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 pm

ive got a pic somewhere of the guy in the barrel...if i can find it i will post it..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor