Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Hospital cut suggestions

#1 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:34 am

Over 12000 jobs have been cut, The NHS Deficit has now reached £500 Million, and now a Think Tank is suggesting a 30,000 bed cut to improve services.
My suggestion is a complete management replacement, because it doesn't seem to have been run very well up to now does it.
Also how many thousands of Hospital clinics have staff standing around every day. For example when a hospital has several clinics on the go at the same time and everyone of them has it's own reception, and a main reception to direct you to all of the others. SB

If only......................

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Hospital cut suggestions

#2 by mikejee , Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 am

I wouldn't argue in general with the points made where they apply. In my local hospital (reading) they do get over the last point by not having a central desk paid for by expensive PR people, but a desk manned by volunteers from the hospital friends. This works very well in the day. In the evenings it is often, however ,unmanned and it can be difficult to find where you want to go if you don't know where you want to go, but then the same would probably apply anywhere.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:39 am

In my experience most of the loss in the NHS is not made at the sharp end the shop floor so to speak but it occurs in management and administration.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:50 pm

The NHS is vital to this country, loads of good work is done 24 hours a day. Yet so many people havn't got a good word to say about it. It's such a shame. SB

If only......................

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:44 am

SB

The reason why, is because it's the pits. As I have said before it's not in the main down to the medical staff, but its the administration.

They should cut down on admin by 50% believe me they don't need them. Get rid of all the portering staff they are a waste of time and get rid of all the internal works staff. Get contract firms in for the portering, the admin and engineers don't need to be replaced. They don't do anything.

Give all the money that is saved to where it is most needed the wards and medical facilities.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Nightmare Neighbours

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor