Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Fancy a Whisky

#1 by Sheldonboy , Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:44 pm

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Fancy a Whisky

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Are they muppets or did they decide to have a party and then flushed a few gallons away to cover it up.

phil

#3 by mikejee , Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 pm

The customs and excise will be on their case as well. any "disappearance" of whiskey is thoroughly investigated. I once knew someone who worked for them in Scotland and had the job of analysing bricks from the foundations of a tank for alcohol, as it was claimed the whiskey had leaked out and been absorbed around the base.
I have heard of another stupid happening like this. In Poland, Cadburys had just commisioned a new factory. A unilever subsidiary delivered a tankerload of fat. it was solid at room temperature, but is carried molten in tankers. Instead of connecting it to the fat tank, they connected the tanker to the entrance to the spanking new waste water treatment system, where it solidified. I had the job of analysing the fat extracted (ie hacked out as a solid) from the system to give evidence for the insurance company that it was the same fat that had been delivered.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 03.01.2013 | Top

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Have you ever seen the long tubes that distillery workers used to put down their trouser legs to smuggle out whisky.

phil

#5 by astoness , Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #4
Have you ever seen the long tubes that distillery workers used to put down their trouser legs to smuggle out whisky.

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:06 pm

It might sound funny but it was true and might still be as far as I know.

http://thewhiskydog.wordpress.com/about/

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Church ??????????????

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor