and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: New Church ??????????????

#2 by mollymandysb , Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:47 pm

it will end up with people at the top managing it and ultimately taking and making a lot of money. the quakers dont have hymns and prayers only silent meditation. i for myself although not religious like a hymn. i dont need to join in any of these sectors, in fact this site does the same for me.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#3 by Marion , Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 am

sermon from Alice In Wonderland lol
well, it's a nice book for kids to grow imagination, but make sure 'you' take the opium to enter into it, as the author did as he wrote it.
One of the few books I read as a child that i have no inclination to re-visit - as it is complete nonsense without real meaning - even hidden meaning.

Marion
Date registered 02.20.2013

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:31 am

Quote: mollymandysb wrote in post #2
it will end up with people at the top managing it and ultimately taking and making a lot of money. the quakers dont have hymns and prayers only silent meditation. i for myself although not religious like a hymn. i dont need to join in any of these sectors, in fact this site does the same for me.

steph

I will be round with the collection plate later.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:36 am

I'm sorry but I look on this sort of thing as a religion of another sort. Why do people need to gather to show that they don't believe in a Deity. Isn't what they are doing part of what they disapprove of?

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #5
I'm sorry but I look on this sort of thing as a religion of another sort. Why do people need to gather to show that they don't believe in a Deity. Isn't what they are doing part of what they disapprove of?

Exactly Phil. We would get a couple of thousand people to stand round an empty Park to show were not interested in football. Would we ?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Hang about I wouldn't go quite that far, it's seems that more people are prepared to waste their time standing around various stadiums than those who waste their time in churches.

phil

#8 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #7
Hang about I wouldn't go quite that far, it's seems that more people are prepared to waste their time standing around various stadiums than those who waste their time in churches.

I have every respect for people who have a belief and of course its not neccessary to go to church to have a belief and follow your God. What I believe is to live a good life, help who you can where you can and if you cant do anyone anygood don't do them any harm. I do however believe in fairness. Do unto others etc.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:20 pm

SB

I've always respected each individuals right to do exactly whatever they want as long as it is lawful and not harmful to others especially me and mine.

phil

#10 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #9
SB

I've always respected each individuals right to do exactly whatever they want as long as it is lawful and not harmful to others especially me and mine.

If we all did that there would never be any trouble for anyone.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by Deleted User , Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:12 pm

It is not a church is it.Just a variety show with second class acts by the sound of it.

#12 by Sheldonboy , Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Quote: denise wrote in post #11
It is not a church is it.Just a variety show with second class acts by the sound of it.

While I have total respect for anyones beliefs that is exactly what some churches are.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#13 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 pm

I think thats the trouble with churches. they are not very happy places. I've always admired the way some of the West Indian gospel churches make their church services a joyful occasion.

phil

#14 by Sheldonboy , Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #13
I think thats the trouble with churches. they are not very happy places. I've always admired the way some of the West Indian gospel churches make their church services a joyful occasion.

Thats a great example of enjoying worship, no harm to anyone and great fun too.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#15 by mikejee , Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:04 pm

I agree Phil. Some years ago a friend of mine was associated with a west indian (well mainly) church in wolverhampton. They really did try to help their members in many ways . The only service of theirs I every went to was my friend's funeral, but the people there did care and did try to make it a non-sad occasion, even though she was not a very constant member - that did not matter to them

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 02.25.2013 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Has anyone lost any money?

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor