Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Norovirus

#1 by Sheldonboy , Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:15 pm

I hope all of our members have managed to avoid this baby so far.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20854461

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Norovirus

#2 by tca , Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 pm

evening, if anyone wants to wind me up this is it, i spend a fair bit of time on cruise ships, i guess between november and easter I am on one every couple of weeks, and it never ceases to get me the lack of care the passengers take with this health risk, cruise ships are one of the places most at risk, lots of people in close quarters, yet dispite the cruise compaines putting hand gells at food stations, constantly remind people to wash their hands, most people are either lazy or stupid, they walk straight past the gell dispensers in a rush to get the food, whether they come from loo or not every surface be it handrail, door knob or chair has the potential to transfer the virus, once it starts to spread its almost impossable to stop on a ship, everyone ends up confined to their cabin even when they dont have, then a full ship disinfection, cost heaps, spoils holidays, mmm see sorry it gets right up my nose, please if your on a cruise wash your hands regualrly, use the gells at the food stations and have a great cruise, thanks tca -

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#3 by astoness , Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Quote: tca wrote in post #2
evening, if anyone wants to wind me up this is it, i spend a fair bit of time on cruise ships, i guess between november and easter I am on one every couple of weeks, and it never ceases to get me the lack of care the passengers take with this health risk, cruise ships are one of the places most at risk, lots of people in close quarters, yet dispite the cruise compaines putting hand gells at food stations, constantly remind people to wash their hands, most people are either lazy or stupid, they walk straight past the gell dispensers in a rush to get the food, whether they come from loo or not every surface be it handrail, door knob or chair has the potential to transfer the virus, once it starts to spread its almost impossable to stop on a ship, everyone ends up confined to their cabin even when they dont have, then a full ship disinfection, cost heaps, spoils holidays, mmm see sorry it gets right up my nose, please if your on a cruise wash your hands regualrly, use the gells at the food stations and have a great cruise, thanks tca -

hi tca i would say thats very sound avise...

lyn

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Quote: tca wrote in post #2

Totally agree tca. Cruise ships, Hospitals, Schools, kitchens. all great sources of infection.
The sad thing is as with HIV, the special measures everyone is expected to take is just what we all should be doing everyday. the way most people handle Hygiene its a wonder we havn't all died of the black death.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Reality programs - I hate them

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor