Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Unemployment Down

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:15 pm

The newspapers seem to be making a big thing of the fact that unemployment for the three month period to August this year was down by 50,000. The thing is how much of this is down to the temporary jobs provided by the Olympics that a lot of Jobseekers were forced to take or loose their benefit? In the same period unemployment in the West Midlands went up by 5000.

phil

RE: Unemployment Down

#2 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #1
The newspapers seem to be making a big thing of the fact that unemployment for the three month period to August this year was down by 50,000. The thing is how much of this is down to the temporary jobs provided by the Olympics that a lot of Jobseekers were forced to take or loose their benefit? In the same period unemployment in the West Midlands went up by 5000.

There is also a great increase in the amont of part time jobs.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 10.18.2012 | Top

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 pm

The only reason part time jobs are being taken is because, the unemployed are being forced to take them. I can't see the sense myself because they are probably claiming just as much benefit from other agencies.

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #3
The only reason part time jobs are being taken is because, the unemployed are being forced to take them. I can't see the sense myself because they are probably claiming just as much benefit from other agencies.

Dead right, not much is making sense to me. We have a Government who isn't making much sense about anything allied to a party who knows even less and an opposition party who caused most of it and want to get back to cause a little bit more. Brilliant.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I know all the parties are rubbish, If I wasn't so old I'd risk the £500 deposit and stand myself at the next election. I couldn't do any worse than the idiots we have there now.

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 pm

I really can't remember a time Phil when so many people hold most of our scumbag politicians in such little regard.
I am also glad I live in England, I would have been stoned to death for saying that in some countries.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Cardiff Hit and Runs

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor