Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: What a load of rubbish.

#16 by mikejee , Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 pm

I must agree that i gad always assumed that "TCP" was a mixture of chlorinated phenols which contained a large percentage of 2,4,5-Trichlorophenol. The latter is often abbreviated in the scientific literature to 2,4,5-TCP. On looking into it I now find that Rei-cresyl phosphate and tricalcium phosphate are also given the abbreviation TCP. can't seem to find a composition of the present TCP, though EEC regulations mean that it must be written down somewhere. Nowadays they do not allow you to use something unless its composition is known. That is the reason Jeyes fluid is not the same as it used to be - some of its components were found to be rather undesirable.

As far as cat urine is concerned Lyn, the compound is 4-mercapto-4-methyl-2-pentanone, which , when diluted smells like blackcurrant, and is found in blackcurrants.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#17 by astoness , Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #16
I must agree that i gad always assumed that "TCP" was a mixture of chlorinated phenols which contained a large percentage of 2,4,5-Trichlorophenol. The latter is often abbreviated in the scientific literature to 2,4,5-TCP. On looking into it I now find that Rei-cresyl phosphate and tricalcium phosphate are also given the abbreviation TCP. can't seem to find a composition of the present TCP, though EEC regulations mean that it must be written down somewhere. Nowadays they do not allow you to use something unless its composition is known. That is the reason Jeyes fluid is not the same as it used to be - some of its components were found to be rather undesirable.

As far as cat urine is concerned Lyn, the compound is 4-mercapto-4-methyl-2-pentanone, which , when diluted smells like blackcurrant, and is found in blackcurrants.

oh thank you mike..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Mike could you repeat all that in English, I used to love the smell of Jeyes Fluid, it wasn't a bad drink either.

phil

#19 by Sheldonboy , Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Yes thanks for clearing that up Mike, Can you tell us the melting point of plasticine please Mike.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#20 by mikejee , Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 pm

It was english Phil. I didn't use any archeic jargon like "blues" or "321" or "in the box" or "offside" or anything like that , just English

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#21 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:10 am

Ah yes English, never use one word when half a dozen will do.

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Highway Robbery

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor