Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Cell Block H for troublesome children

#1 by mikejee , Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Worcester has a new idea. If it didn't come from something named an "Academy" then I would have thought there might have been something in it

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/09/10/s...26pLid%3D126457

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 09.11.2012 | Top

RE: Cell Block H for troublesome children

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Mike

I can see no wrong with what they plan to do, in fact I can't see why they don't treat all the kids in school today the same excluded and not excluded.

phil

#3 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:27 pm

What else are Schools meant to do. The can't physically punish these kids. Kids who generally have no regard for their education. very little respect for their school themselves or anyone else. Some people are beyond education and unfortunateley are eventually unemployable. While this country is so softly and badly run and has been by successive governments what more can be expected. The country's top school children continue to excel, but the bottom end of the scale in my opinion is sliding more and more into a social abyss. One which we will all be paying for with no reasonable end in sight.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:33 pm

SB

I put it down to bad teachers, as you say the top schools who employ the cream seem to have no problems. Something is wrong somewhere, because I believe all children are basically the same

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:27 am

Quote: phil wrote in post #4
SB

I put it down to bad teachers, as you say the top schools who employ the cream seem to have no problems. Something is wrong somewhere, because I believe all children are basically the same

I disagree Phil, all children are certainly not the same. Even if al children had exactly the same start and chances in life (which will never happen) how often do you see the situation where for example there are two brothers or sisters, one goes on to university and goes on to be a Doctor and the other is a complete waster and ends up in Jail.
I have certainly seen that happen and their parents gave them everything and had a very good school.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:19 pm

SB

No you are not grasping what I am saying, but what you have said backs up what I have said, the fact that a child is born to a privileged family doesn't make him any different educationally to one born in a slum area. The way they are taught will make all the difference to the child, how is it that some children who are taught at home in small groups by parents that have no teaching experience at all and no academic background whatsoever can leave school taught children standing.

phil

#7 by mollymandysb , Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:45 pm

this scheme is nothing new in worcestershire as in redditch which is in the county of worcestershire we have a school which is called forging links, where children who cannot attend school or behave in school go on a part time basis, such as adhd children etc. i know of one girl who only did a couple of days a week and could not go in the rain because she found it too hard to concentrate, but she was able to go to the nic to watch a justin beiber concert.

i brought my own two up on my own, both went to uni. it was always a case of when they came home from school we sat round the table and had a drink and a snack and discussed the day. they then did their homework or saw a friend but homework was always a priority. we did come across a lot of bad teachers, some of whom could not spell or do simple maths,

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#8 by Voltman , Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:00 pm

As far as I can tell, if the parents are thick then their kids are going to get held back. It then takes a special determination on the part of the individual kid to do well for himself.

I like this quote from the news article ...... " It's abhorrent that school children, maybe as young as 11, will be treated like criminals."
Yet I find it abhorrent that some school children, maybe as young as 11, actually are criminals and we aren't supposed to react to the fact but let them do as they and their stupid parents see fit.

Why is it that when anyone in this country tries to do something to improve any situation the naysayers are always the one with the biggest gobs?

http://www.npl.co.uk/
http://www.gutenberg.org/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 09.14.2012 | Top

#9 by mollymandysb , Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:19 pm

i quite agree.

facebook and twitter have a lot to answer for. im not on any of those sites but i know people who are and they just play games such as build your cafe. so dumb. i recently noticed on morning t v a recipe was shown and it said 'mold the bread' i think they meant to say 'mould'.

the last and only time i was on facebook (to keep in touch with the step children) i was dismayed to see some of their comments, such as 'we are a fan of the evian baby' i said get a life. they dont seem to go to musuems or libraries any more. one of the step grand children thought sunderland was in switzerland and when they went to barnstable they thought they had been to cornwall. i hasten to add my own two children are not on facebook or twitter, they feel the same way as i do. i took my step grandson who was aged 5 on the bus from redditch to the nature reserve at cannon hill park, on the way out of redditch he saw some cows on the hills and thought they were lions. i keep out of the way to be honest as i dont want to get involved. i have tried to encourage both the step grand children by buying dictionaries, both of them are supposed to be dyxlecsic (not sure if thats how you spell it) and the parents wear it so proudly. i have told them it should not be a big problem as such people as richard branson were also and other famous people, they seem to think it will add to their benefits. i despair.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#10 by mollymandysb , Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:25 pm

another bit that i have had a big moan about but now keep out of the way. one of the step grand children was 15 in february. just after her birthday she gave birth to a baby girl. i know the baby is here so must be taken care of but to encourage the baby's dad to stay over night before and even now i think is asking for trouble. i cant understand why social services have not come down and asked the parents why they neglected their teenage daughter. apparently the boyfriend has no prospects because when he was young his dad took him boxing and he has some sort of brain damage - i m lost for words. again just so glad my two were not brought up like that, i know they thought i was strict but hey, they both had a university education and my son was 30 when his first child was born. my daughter does not have any yet.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#11 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Steph

I agree with every word you say, three of my five granddaughters have children two of them are married and the other is in a stable relationship and I don't think they will ever marry, but there again most kids don't these days. Though some of the things they tell us about other girls that they went to school with would make your hair curl.

It seems that they must be in competition to have as many kids by as many different fathers as possible, in my opinion if a young unmarried girl has more than one child then she should me made to have this contraceptive implant in their arms, I understand that they are only 99% effective but at least it would cut down on unwanted pregnancies.

phil

#12 by Voltman , Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Maybe we should look to turn the boys responsible into sopranos. This thing isn't all one sided at the conception, even though it can be at the birth.
It still comes down to the parents. A lax moral atmosphere produces it's own rewards.

http://www.npl.co.uk/
http://www.gutenberg.org/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 09.14.2012 | Top

#13 by mollymandysb , Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:15 pm

yeh, that s what i think it comes down to the parents. trouble is the parents dont see anything wrong with encouraging their children to have relationships at an early age and no need to have an education. i understand that not everyone can go to university, there is nothing wrong with a factory/shop workers or cleaner but morals count.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Health and safety laws

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor