Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Maybe its the psychiatrists that should be locked away

#1 by mikejee , Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:28 pm

I have never had a high opinion of psychiatrists, particularly American ones. Having experienced a short period of depression some years ago and also observed the treatment of my ex wife , who had a serious mental illness for 30 years, I consider some are trying genuinly to help people, some to be in it purely for the money, and some to just want to try out their peculiar ideas on human guineapigs. The story below , however should, in a sensible world, definitely send the the instigators to the nuthouse permanently . These American parasites propose that new psychiatric disorders ahould be invented, with fancy names, in order to increase the opportunities to profit from their dubious activities. Examples are shyness in children and lonlieness (otherwise to be known as chronic depressive disorder). A serial rapist would automatically be classified as suffering from paraphilic coercive disorder (how convenient for him ), while many normal children would be classified as mentally ill, having oppositional defiant disorder (or otherwise they argue and refuse to obey parents). My amazement reaches a climax, however, on learning that those unhappy after a bereavment would also be diagnosed as suffering from chronic depressive disorder. Presumably healthy psychiatrists are really happy when someone dies, and so should everyone else. Frankly I would be happier if all psychiatrists dropped dead
Ref: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/f...ual?INTCMP=SRCH

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

RE: Maybe its the psychiatrists that should be locked away

#2 by signman ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:55 am

I agree Mike, and so should all those bloody tv hypnotists like Paul Mckenna,how could anyone say they've been hypnotised by someone,
they are as mad as the so called hypnotist.

signman

#3 by Voltman , Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:10 am

As none of us are likely to be perfectly normal, then it follows that we all have a "condition" that could be treated by a shrink.
It's just another business opportunity that uses no tools or materials but is an easy to operate money machine. People set up in their own front rooms with next to no qualifications, they expend very little effort and yet charge exorbitant rates. When will people realise it is a confidence trick and stop spending money on such things?

You and I should use an endless stream of vowels and consonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:14 am

Voty its quite easy to get away with their fees, if their customers are Mad enough to pay them

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by Voltman , Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:27 am

Yes SB, but their customers aren't "Mad", just a bit insecure and possibly overpaid themselves.
Can you imagine me going to a shrink for help and advice? Giving it to them maybe, but asking for it? Not likely and yet I have been described as a bit mad on more than one occasion.

You and I should use an endless stream of vowels and consonants to form the words we will use to effectively assemble a forceful tirade of well constructed sentences which will aid and assist us in our tireless struggle to virtually eliminate verbosity

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#6 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Posted by Voltman
Yes SB, but their customers aren't "Mad", just a bit insecure and possibly overpaid themselves.
Can you imagine me going to a shrink for help and advice? Giving it to them maybe, but asking for it? Not likely and yet I have been described as a bit mad on more than one occasion.

Surely not Volty, just because you ran around the Bullring that time in a pair of fluffy knickers and sink plunger stuck on your forehead screaming “I am a Dalek” .
Give a dog a bad name eh.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by mollymandysb , Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:34 pm

i too have been called mad on many occasions also rebel without a cause is another and a little welsh witch.

who cares, i love me

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#8 by Sheldonboy , Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm sure we all still love you Steph.
Which bit irked you most, Litte, Welsh or Witch

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by mikejee , Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm sure Steph that someone with a good drawing ability (not me I'm afraid, as i draw like a two year old) could make a wonderful avatar for you from these descriptions

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 02.12.2012 | Top

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:52 pm

What about one of these two Steph?

Phil

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Syria slides towards Civil War.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor