Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

BBC MasterChef Gets A Bashing

#1 by Voltman , Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:05 pm

A well deserved bashing at that.....

"Malaysians roast MasterChef over chicken rendang elimination"

I can't stand the pair of know nothing pricks that present it. They think they are so clever and no one ever challenges them, the whole program is stage managed to make them look good.
Get rid of them, put in two proper commercial chefs who cook for a living and can also present a TV show then the BBC might have a program worth watching.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 04.03.2018 | Top

RE: BBC MasterChef Gets A Bashing

#2 by mikejee , Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 pm

I have a better suggestion. Too many "chefs" think the most important thing in food is making it look pretty, with taste only a subsidiary matter, and whether there is enough to satisfy a reasonable appetite being even less important. Your two pricks (I can't stand their sliminess either) seem to encourage that (from the small bits I've seen on changing channels). So the best thing is to have a panel of people without stupid pretentions to judge the taste of the food. Bugger stupid little flowers, little streaks of something or other too small to be eaten and just there for effect, vegetables cut into peculiar shapes, and poncified french terms

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by Voltman , Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:12 am

Even the people who like that sort of food can't deny that every tiny little piece of it has been handled, dribbled on and generally passed about before being served on a cold plate that has been wiped with a dirty rag immediately prior to serving.
Bacteria heaven.

My answer:
Blindfold the hungry panel of judges and make them pay extortionate prices for the food.
If they don't pay, spiralise them, season them well, drag them across a pool of liquid salted caramel and serve them with a drizzle of organic bilberry jus and a hand cooked sea salted fair trade sweet potato crisp.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 04.04.2018 | Top

#4 by Sheldonboy , Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Not fans then.?

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bye Bye Fiji

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor