Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Love your MPs, love this lot

#16 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:24 am

Sorry Steph i think you are so wrong about the working class. for one thing i think because things have come so easy for so long, the masses havn't seen the need to be active. unfortunately most people wouldn't know how to be active.
In our area for example three areas joined together are Yardley, Acocks Green, Stechford and Yardley north. These areas have three Councillors each. All nine Councillors are Lib Dem, or known locally as Glib Dem. They are very well organised and very strong. There is no sign of the other parties. I can only hope that the results of this coalition government can hold them back a bit.
The Unions have been next to useless in recent years taking very little action to stop the loss in members. For example the print unions have all disappeared now at a time when we need them the most. They are lost in Unison.
There has never been a greater reason, in my humble opinion, since the First World War for a resurgence in The Trade Union Movement. It's Urgent and desperate. SB

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#17 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:29 pm

SB

There is only one person and one party to blame for the state of the trade unions today and I don't have to name names do I, by ridding the country of any semblance of industry she also rid the country of any bite that the trade unions may of had. For this they made her a Baroness.

Phil

phil
Last edited Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:47 pm | Top

#18 by mollymandysb , Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:06 pm

sb i agree with you whole heartedly, when are the people going to wake up and see what is happening to them. the print unions have been gobled up many times over the past, but this is a name you will remember ' brenda dean' look where she is now, most of them seem to take the kings shilling.

where my partner works, and he was the father of the chapel for many years and got a lot of good things done for the workers, it was not always about more money but better working conditons, now the union is non existent and the firm relies heavily on foreign labour who dont care about health and safety at work but work to send money back home. my own daughter went to uni and has now a very good job in london but she is still very left wing (ah the youth), she says she will never forget her roots (we come from welsh mining stock) my son also went to uni but does not vote as says they are all as bad, i think he might be right.

politics now seems to be a career rather than a vocation. my great grand dad was born in 1878 in cheshire and he was blacklisted for forming a union but he wanted better working conditons and wages for the people.

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#19 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Yes Lyn Baroness Dean certainly seems to have changed her politics. although she is probably a Labour Peer. This New Labour lot are an absolute disgrace and a complete insult to the name of Labour as your family knew it.
We were all used to the Tennis politics of years ago Labour in, Labour out, Tories in, Tories out. But with the complete joke of a Government we had under Senator Blair, followed by Gormless Gordon, who is going to vote for Labour at the next election. To my mind labour candidates should be working now to try and build up some support. Who is our Labour candidate, who knows maybe I'll pull a name out of a Christmas Cracker.
The Lib Dems are even more useless now they have shown how weak they are playing second fiddle to Crackhead Cameron who runs his no.2 round doing a Clegg dance.
I really dispair none of our thieving career politiicians are worth voting for at present. They are weak willed and money orientated. The trouble is the only look after their own money not the public purse.
We hear this week of a Bank that has been sold, losing 400,000,000 pounds of OUR money.
We hear today of The MOD paying out 600,000,000 pounds in the last two years to so called experts and consultants.
Our great leaders must think the rest of us are absolutely brain dead morons who know sod all. (and I cleaned that up).
Trouble is I think they may be right.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 11.18.2011 | Top

RE: THE POLITICS THREAD

#20 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:47 pm

I have renamed this THE POLITICS THREAD. So that we don't use it for just bashing the Government because frankly they are just not worth the effort.
If anyone can post any comments showing the Political Carnival in a good light please do so.
All we want is facts. none of the parties follow their historical roots anymore so any information may point the right way to the Ballot box.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#21 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:55 pm

SB

If you are saying that you want us to post good news on this thread about any political party today, then it grieves me to tell you that you will be waiting a long time.

Phil

phil

#22 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Good News or Bad, Funny or Sad as long as it bears some resemblance to the truth Phil.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#23 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Well it won't come out of a newspaper then, what about the jungle drums?

Phil

phil

#24 by Sheldonboy , Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:23 pm

If you can play em Phil that's fine.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#25 by mollymandysb , Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:09 pm

our local labour party have just announced who our prospective parliamentary candidate is going to be ('cus Jackie Smith is licking her wounds and does not want to stand again) altho i bet she shows up in a safe seat somewhere. well, it was announced that rebecca blake is the candidate and she is happy and pleased that she was chosen over outsiders - the first lie - i was told in february that she was going to be the candidate. anyway, rebecca is a local councillor and some years ago when labour was in power in redditch we had an 'arts festival' at the arrow valley park which was a complete wash out, no one bought tickets etc. and the council were left with egg on their faces and owing lots of money - well this was rebecca's doing. however, i dont think she stands a chance of winning the seat back for labour because the boundaries have been changed to incorporate the lenches in evesham, which are predominantly tory.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#26 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Steph

I think come the next election even without the seats that have been done away with due to blatant gerrymandering by the Tories any Labour government is going to find the election an uphill struggle no matter what their policies are.

Phil

phil

#27 by mollymandysb , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:10 pm

and so should the labour party have a difficult time. i was a party activist for many years, then got fed up with them but decided to still try and change things from within, when new labour came about and they threw away the old 'clause 4 no 4' i was really fed up with them.

perhaps this ought to go on another thread but where is clegg, has anybody seen clegg. in the beginning he was tied to cameron's side and ready to run behind him. they were like little 'chums', but he has not been heard of for ages.

is he sulking.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#28 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:21 pm

I would like to see a recovery of Clause four Steph, There are many organisations that should be in Public ownership I think.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#29 by mikejee , Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Steph
Clegg licked David's behind so hard he got sucked in

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 11.20.2011 | Top

#30 by Templer , Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:55 pm

I cannot remember the last time I heard a politicion speak the truth, but listen to Nigel Farage tell it the way it is.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/201...-video-you.html

http://frothblowers.co.uk/

Templer  
Templer
Date registered 07.17.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lets all be glad we don't live in Egypt then

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor