Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: St Paul's possible closure

#16 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Posted by Voltman
Phil, please don't go dragging inconvenient facts into this debate. I don't even know who they are, I just like a good rant.

Yes Phil, don't let the facts spoil a good story.

When life puts you in tough situations, Don't say WHY ME, just say TRY ME.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#17 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 pm

I have no problem with the present government.

signman

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:45 am

John

I have no problem with them either, I just don't recognise that they exist in my little dream world.

Phil

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

phil

#19 by Sheldonboy , Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Posted by phil
John

I have no problem with them either, I just don't recognise that they exist in my little dream world.

Phil

I have problems with the present Government. The world is in a very dangerous state. Our economy is in ruins, Unemployment is escalating. We are giving money away while Forces personnel and Police are being made redundant. We do not have a Government elected with a mandate to run this country.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:41 pm

To be quite honest, I'm past caring who is in power. They are all only interested in what good they can do for themselves.

Phil

We will remember them.

phil

#21 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:28 pm

You've got that right Phil. but when we have a Government who are dictated to by Europe, who are dictated to by our Government, who are dictated to by the Press, who are dictated to by their bosses who are dictated to by the Unions, who are dictated to by the Government....Phil you are right who cares..
Trouble is we do.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#22 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:55 pm

SB

You are partly right, unions are the people, well they used to be before we allowed the extremists to take them over. I still believe that they have the backing of a good percentage of the country.

Though when country can be dictated to by the likes of Murdoch there is something wrong. Never mind all this rubbish of late he is still pulling strings.

Then you get all the garbage from home grown newspapers like the Daily Mail, how can they find so many rubbish stories to fill their paper every day?

As for business running the country as long as we have politicians who are open to corruption by a highly paid non voting seat on the board or even the odd brown envelope here and there they always will as the recent resignation in the government has shown.

Phil

We will remember them.

phil

#23 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:06 pm

One thing that strikes me Phil, with all these stories of corruption, fiddling etc most people will be thinking that most of our recent politicians have brought corruption to the Government. How many of our past hero's etc were taking home a lot more than they were paying taxes on.?

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#24 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Back when they first brought the registry of interests in where MP's had to declare their second jobs there were only two MP's in the whole House of Commons who hadn't got second jobs (in name) I think both were labour MP'S I can't remember the names now but I'm sure one was Manny Shinwell.

Phil

We will remember them.

phil

#25 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:27 pm

MPs should be absolutely watertight honest.
Any MP caught suffering from a dose of greed should in my opinion have the full weight of the law thrown at them. Especially when they use the usual line (I did nothing wrong ).

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
x

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor