Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

No Wonder our kids can't get into University.

#1 by Sheldonboy , Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:42 am

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: No Wonder our kids can't get into University.

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:45 am

My granddaughter couldn't get in to University, she had worked hard and got the necessary qualifications only to be told that there was no place to offer her. She she accepted this and lowered her sights and would have settled for a college course for two years to be a Veterinary Nurse.

She was told that she needed a placement of at least one day a week (two preferred) in a veterinary surgery. She canvassed every vet in Birmingham and the surrounding areas and wasn't able to come up with one, and this is voluntary work. I even offered to pay for any overheads such as employees insurance and anything else that they may incur but to no avail, there were no positions.

So she has taken a veterinary practice management course in the meantime in the hope that she might find a placement before the new course intake next year as she had been offered as course and it was just the placement she was short of. So if anybody knows any vets, I would be grateful if you could put in a good word.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by mikejee , Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:20 am

Good luck to your granddaughter Phil. She's obviously trying very hard. Trouble is i seem to remember a few years ago in a tv program which followed some trainee vets around, that they said this was one of the toughest courses to get into.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4 by mollymandysb , Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 am

phil

can your grand daughter get to redditch, if so i know a couple of good vets here and i will certainly give them a ring for you.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:58 am

Molly

She was willing to try Coventry and further and I think she did try a couple in Redditch. If you can find one that is willing to give a placement to a trainee veterinary nurse then please do so by all means because I think there is still time to change courses.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by mollymandysb , Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:49 pm

right let me get things right, whats her name, and she wants to be a vet nurse and wants a placement for a couple of days a week.

do you know which college she has been offered a place at.
will see what i can do

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Molly

I will forward you her personal details by PM as I don't think she will thank me for broadcasting them all over the net.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A Good Idea or Another Scam

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor