Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Cadburys

#1 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 am

What are your thoughts on the Cadbury takeover by Kraft.
How can a foreign company with so much debt be allowed access to one of our country's major Jewells.
Is it a good thing or a bad thing.
Does anyone care.
Do think it will be asset stripped.

If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Cadburys

#2 by PJ , Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:53 pm

SB,
I think its following a pattern of decline, foreign companies are cherry picking the old girl before she keels over. Kraft will move production to countries where they can make a better profit and dear old Blyte who is awash with immigrants and no vacancies will have to adjust from election to election.
This culture no, that's the wrong word this business of running a country, a society on profit and loss doesn't work, we are the proof and the Boffins say that America is on course to follow the same, given time.

The wealth is moving to the southern hemisphere, a top Chinese Boffin has said that the west will be no threat in business, it will just be some where to sell their goods. Who knows perhaps in an other thousand years they might be in decline and it might the west's turn again to profit.
Profit and Loss is no way to run anything, you cant run your family on profit and loss basis, you have to take family, love, friendship, and doing the right thing for the sake of the good, the pounds shilling and pence come after.
The Cadbury shareholders have been begged not to sell. The Minster who is no Minister, Mandleson travelled to Brum to warn them and advise them not to sell, in business everything has its price.
I say lets give the inventive brains we have in this country a free reign not to just come up with a new toy but answers to a better life and not follow the circular route and try to adapt to the changes that will surely come, you never know, all these changes may be a blessing in disguise.

PJ  
PJ
Date registered 12.27.2009

#3 by PJ , Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm

SB,
One other point is I don't think we have ever bought any Kraft products, their cheese products are full of emulsifiers that's like something between fine plasters and goo mixed together to bulk it out, and the daft thing is they can call it cheese.American cheese has always been a joke its just a tasteless nothingness with the label of cheese, lets see what they do to Cadbury.
PJ

PJ  
PJ

#4 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:56 pm

So I keep hearing that Kraft are going to be asset stripping Cadbury's, well we'll have to wait and see about that one. As for asset stripping we can't really complain can we, you could say we are getting our own back.
It would be interesting to know how many countries England has invaded over many many years and not only taken the assets but we stole whole countries. Who knows maybe Cadbury's did so well because we owned Africa at the time. Maybe Dunlop did so well because we did such a neat job of raiding India. We did such a good job of looking after their countries the buggers sent us half of their populations to say thank you. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 01.20.2010 | Top

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

Who knows what would have happened had we kept our noses out of these other countries. If we had not been spread out all over the world, we might have been able to hold on to one or two choice countries. Perhaps Kraft would have then been an English company. Wonderful word "If"

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:58 am

Phil we are still doing it now in the guise of Peacekeeping. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by PJ , Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Britain took a lot from the worlds wealth, but in many cases it gave it civilization and order not to mention a language. We lost the empire because of bad manners and having no respect for others. The Grandsons of the ruling class decided to bulster their ego's by looking down on the natives, and the rest is history

PJ  
PJ

Last edited 01.22.2010 | Top

#8 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:49 pm

British people also captured and sold many people as slaves. Many people in the Carribean for example carry English names, because they were given the names of their owners. Their ancestors were brought from African tribes. Their family history is untraceable because records were not kept. This is all history I know, bad things happen in the world they always have and they always will. But when people from this country go preaching to the rest of the world they must take a step back. The hands of our Forefathers haven't been forever clean. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by PJ , Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:44 pm

What invaders hands have ever been clean SB. The human history of our planet is feudal and brutal right up to this very day, the eye that we use to look over our past must be clear of 21st century sensibilities, scratch a Brit and you have a pirate.
I would like us to stick our noses out of everyone else's business and look after our own like Denmark or Norway and throw off this fog from the past, we may be able to see a little better and not view ourselves as a world player any more and make our country a home.
PJ

PJ  
PJ

#10 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:29 am

PJ
You are as usual dead right. The main problem I see with politics today, is most MP's have to see themselves as International players. I know politics is an international game these days, the whole world is so mixed and delicately laced together. But isn't that what the Diplomatic Service and Ambassadors are meant to be for.
I hate to jump on the bandwagon of saying that "This Country is Finished" I certainly hope that is not the case. but unless our great and very major problems are sorted, such as IMMIGRATION, our FINANCIAL affairs, LAW and ORDER and not forgetting our world beating NHS.
This Forum is not for party politics and I wouldn't want to bore anyone with my views but I will say Immigration seems to be at the head of most problems.
We even have an immigration service with Border Guards, we have never needed that before, even if it is too late.
Every single problem that I have listed above is made many times worse by the immigration situation. When I speak of Immigration I of course include the Illegalls. These people must be deported, they have already committed a crime by being here. At the moment this country is deeply allied to Australia, but unless our people have the skills that they require, you cannot go and live there. We must be the laughing stock of the world. It's time to forget political correctness. Shoot the bloody Do Gooders and lets save whats left of our country. I will support any party that shows the backbone to attempt to put any of our major problems right. ANY PARTY. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 01.23.2010 | Top

#11 by PJ , Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:08 pm

SB,
I think your ready for office Mucka.
Things do look like and feel like there coming to the point when the silent majority are putting down their newspapers, ignoring the telly and openly looking for and some demanding that these immigration concerns be made the central point of the election. Too long have mainstream MP's turned a deaf ear to the problem that all now feel in their gut. These concerns are above and beyond racism its mathematics you cant employ feed house educate and care for a gallon out of a pint pot.
SHimple, Coumpare da marrrket, as the funniest Meerkats tell us.
PJ

PJ  
PJ

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Fox Hunt Cancelled

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor