Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

The Heated Tumble Dryer Saga

#1 by Voltman , Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 am

Tumble dryers and washing machines are dangerous devices and should never be left running unattended.
Advice I have been giving to customers for my entire career, especially those who wanted time switches fitted during the "Economy Seven" days.

There has been a recent spate of Whirlpool tumble dryers bursting into flame and still people who own these machines are using them as if it "won't happen to them"
Perhaps it is because, like myself, they didn't know that Whirlpool own Hotpoint, Creda and Indesit, and it is their machines that are dangerous.
This is rather disappointing to me as I have never liked Whirlpool crap but historically have had a tendency to buy Hotpoint.
Time for a rethink.

"Whirlpool's response to the defect affecting 5.3 million machines had been "woeful", the Business Committee said."

"In spite of improving technology and evolving regulation, the number of fires involving faulty electrical appliances and leads in England has stayed fairly constant, at between 4,300 and 5,000 a year, it found."

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

RE: The Heated Tumble Dryer Saga

#2 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Trouble is as with most people, if it's a name they have heard of or seen advertised they just assume it must be ok.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Removes 42lb Tumour

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor