I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Government cuts in Action

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Can anybody tell me if the real police are being taken off the beat to man the phones? If so why, surely the ones for this job should be the PCSO's. They are tailored made for it, lets face it they are not much use on the streets except for hanging about street corners.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by Sheldonboy , Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Posted by phil
Can anybody tell me if the real police are being taken off the beat to man the phones? If so why, surely the ones for this job should be the PCSO's. They are tailored made for it, lets face it they are not much use on the streets except for hanging about street corners.

Phil

Phil
I have been involved in Community issues for quite a few years. I have had a great deal of contact with the Police on many occasions.I still do, I currently serve on a Police advisory group on the reported area. If you seriously think that PCSO's do nothing you couldn't be more wrong.
They are a great help to the Police and to the public.
The question should not be should the Police officers or PCSOs man the call centres. the question should be WHY in Gods name get rid of anyone.
Successive Governments have raised Police numbers over many years for good reason, Law and order is very important to any decent people.
Civilians were recruited for the call centres to free up officers. Some of these Civilians achieved a high level of skill. A niece of mine does such a job, working twelve hour shifts during the riots for example.
It's very easy to knock the Police. But we are very lucky that so many men and women want to do the job. I can say I wouldn't bloody well want to do it. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:58 pm

SB

First of all I agree with you "WHY in Gods name get rid of anyone", but there you are if they are going to take police off the beat far better it be the poorly trained PCSO's than the fully trained the fully trained professional officers.

Nothing you are ever going to say is going to convince me that the PCSO's are worth their money. I have had enough dealings with them to know. Three times they sent out to our depot when we called the police. We called the police on three separate occasions for a break in, fly tipping in our gateway, and arson. The last one was what gave my uncle his heart attack.

Each time these snotty nose young kids came out who hadn't got a clue, they didn't even know the law. They had to contact the station to find out that what I was telling them about the law was true. In the end I told them to go away (not so nicely) and we never bothered calling them again.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Posted by phil
SB

First of all I agree with you "WHY in Gods name get rid of anyone", but there you are if they are going to take police off the beat far better it be the poorly trained PCSO's than the fully trained the fully trained professional officers.

Nothing you are ever going to say is going to convince me that the PCSO's are worth their money. I have had enough dealings with them to know. Three times they sent out to our depot when we called the police. We called the police on three separate occasions for a break in, fly tipping in our gateway, and arson. The last one was what gave my uncle his heart attack.

Each time these snotty nose young kids came out who hadn't got a clue, they didn't even know the law. They had to contact the station to find out that what I was telling them about the law was true. In the end I told them to go away (not so nicely) and we never bothered calling them again.

Phil

With respect Phil, that wasn't the fault of the PCSOs, that's not what they were meant for. they were there originally to take some of the mundane less important jobs that the Police had to waste time on. They were not recruited or trained to respond to Crime Scenes.]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Then why send them out?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by signman ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:27 am

They are just wannabee police that never made the grade, totally useless,get rid of them and employ more police.

signman

#8 by Voltman , Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:24 am

Posted by phil

Phil

I would be more than happy to have PCSOs hanging around on street corners in Yardley, the more corners the better.
Not only would there be no corners left for the drug dealers, a large number of other offences would get reported.

My time is money, I can lend you 10 minutes for lunch.

http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Posted by Voltman

I would be more than happy to have PCSOs hanging around on street corners in Yardley, the more corners the better.
Not only would there be no corners left for the drug dealers, a large number of other offences would get reported.

Volty

If the a PCSO were on the street corner the same time as a drug dealer and drugs were being sold. They could do no more than me or you and that would be telephone the police (or in their case radio them) and we all know what happens when we do that "nothing".

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#10 by Sheldonboy , Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:03 pm

No comment

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by Voltman , Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 am

Posted by phil

Posted by Voltman

Volty

If the a PCSO were on the street corner the same time as a drug dealer and drugs were being sold. They could do no more than me or you and that would be telephone the police (or in their case radio them) and we all know what happens when we do that "nothing".

Phil

At least the crime would be "Reported", whereas perhaps nobody phones the police anymore because the response is ineffective, so the crime goes unreported and therefore doesn't exist.
They could also be a good source of local intelligence for the "real" police.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 09.08.2011 | Top

#12 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:09 am

Posted by Voltman

At least the crime would be "Reported", whereas perhaps nobody phones the police anymore because the response is ineffective, so the crime goes unreported and therefore doesn't exist.
They could also be a good source of local intelligence for the "real" police.

Volty

Doesn't what you have just said prove my case, nobody bothers to report a crime anymore unless it is to get a crime report number for their insurance claim. They know they will get nil response and nil action, its a sad indictment when a countries population has no faith in its police. We are getting more like a third world country every day.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#13 by Voltman , Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

I wasn't disagreeing with you Phil, as sporting as that would be, I was suggesting an alternative to expecting the public to take the first pointless step.

Please define " Third World Country" and conjecture at what point in our decline will we qualify for receiving some of our own generous handouts to such countries.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 09.10.2011 | Top

#14 by Sheldonboy , Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:19 pm

One thing that is bringing this country down more and more all the time is everyone putting it down at every opportunity, I would hate to be in the position where I disliked my country enough to have to be so pessimistic and talk it down. One thing I firmly believe is that unless our population wakes up, the doubting few will bring the rest down with them. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Fancy a drink

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor