Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

CD Book

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

On a tip from Lynn (Stirling Single) I have just purchased this book

Werbung: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/21-Old-Rare-Antiqu...=item53e81806ad

from Ebay. I have to say on first glance through on receiving it that it looks well worth the money and a good buy for anybody with an interest in the history of Birmingham such as John or Mike.

Thank you very much Lynn, I am well pleased.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

The following contents have been linked to this post::
phil
Last edited Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 pm | Top

RE: CD Book

#2 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Phil, I would only be interested if it has photos.

signman

#3 by mikejee , Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Interesting Phil. most ,if not all of the contents are already available online for free, though they might take a bit of ferreting out, and for that price it is probably worth getting the CD to save a lot of effort. I am not sure whether I have seen the "Birmingham & Aston" , or the "Birmingham" book. Is there a longer title or author ? If you click on the seller, they also do a wide range of similar CDS on other areas and subjects, (coalmining, horses, american indians), including Staffs, Warcks and Worcs. Counties. these might also be of interest . for example (though again you can get it free off the net), the warwickshire one included Token coinage of Warwickshire, which has some good pictures of tokens used in birmingham and details of them

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 06.28.2011 | Top

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Mike

Yes, I do realise that you can get most of these books online free, but it's handy having them all together and all you have to do is slip a disk into the drive. One that I hadn't seen before and I am enjoying reading is the Birmingham Illustrated Cornish's Strangers Guide published in 1851.

John,

They are not all illustrated, but some of them are, but for less than a fiver what the hell you can spend that on bus fare up the road.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Phil, in complete agreement, but strangely enough, I don't read a lot of history in general.

signman

#6 by Voltman , Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Looks good enough to buy one, so I did.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Volty

It depends on your taste I suppose, but I think it's a fiver well spent. Well at least it might stop you hanging about on street corners for a couple of weeks.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Voltman , Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Phil, absolutely nothing is going to stop me from hanging about on street corners, with the possible exception maybe of.... well this isn't the place.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#9 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Posted by Voltman
Phil, absolutely nothing is going to stop me from hanging about on street corners, with the possible exception maybe of.... well this isn't the place.

I don't know of too many Corners in Yardley that would suit Volty.
Most are too expensive
Some are too cluttered
Some are too open and the rest he's worn out anyway. [Little LOL]

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Birmingham Book

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor