Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Fireworks

#16 by Sheldonboy , Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Two months of these fireworks now. some people will have a store of them in their houses for Christmas and the New Year. Bloody Ridiculous.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#17 by mikejee , Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:02 pm

If they do then it would serve them right, though to the detriment of their neighbours, if they all went up in smoke

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#18 by Voltman , Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:57 am

They all go up in smoke anyway, eventually, and at great cost. Flying lessons are cheaper per minute than fireworks.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#19 by Sheldonboy , Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Ok that's it the gloves are off, no more Mr Nice Guy. It's been raining for ages now, it's the 2nd of December and a load of loud Fireworks have been going off. I sincerely hope these Brain dead Muppets blow their bloody heads off.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#20 by astoness , Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:05 pm

same here sb...just had a load going off

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#21 by Sheldonboy , Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Stupid Stupid people Lyn.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#22 by Voltman , Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:23 pm

So you want me to stop doing it then?

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#23 by Sheldonboy , Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Yes, they have been going off tonight still, here.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#24 by Voltman , Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 pm

If they were "Made In Britain" it wouldn't be so bad, but almost all of them come from China, which is probably quite fitting but still annoying.
They send us nothing but useless cheap crap and we celebrate the loss of our industrial nation by buying their noisy and expensively useless fireworks (explosives).

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 12.04.2017 | Top

#25 by astoness , Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 am

agree volty...think it was always standard or brock fireworks when i was a kid...someone will know...thinking about it wasnt there a tv ad that went something like."light up the sky with standard fireworks "

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#26 by Voltman , Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 am

I remember the TV adverts.
When I was a kid I loved fireworks. Especially the small bombs I made by tying a few "Cannon" bangers together and making a gunpowder trail fuse along the ground from a ripped open ordinary banger. They were always louder and more destructive if crammed into some nook or cranny.

The box of fireworks in the sideboard would be almost worn out by the 5th, because I couldn't resist handling and smelling them, even the box was source of great fascination.
By the time I was 11 we didn't have fireworks at all, we each had a box of Cadbury's Dairy Milk and stood at the window watching other peoples fireworks.
I haven't touched them since.

From Wikipedia

Standard Fireworks is a former UK-based firework company, now a brand name of Chinese firm Black Cat Fireworks.
Standard's history began in 1891, when it was founded by James Greenhalgh in Huddersfield. Due to expansion, in 1910 the firm moved to its current site in Crosland Hill, where during the First and Second World Wars, the company produced munitions for the war effort.

In 1959 the company floated on the Stock Market and a period of domination in the UK fireworks industry began, with many retailers having to wait several years for an account with the company. In 1988 Standard bought Brocks Fireworks Ltd. This led to all firework activity being transferred to the Huddersfield site making Standard one of the largest employers in the Yorkshire region with over 500 workers.
In 1998 Standard were purchased by China-based Black Cat Fireworks, bringing an end to production in the UK. The Standard brand is now one of several trading names of Black Cat in the UK, with the former Standard offices now the UK headquarters for Black Cat .

A Poor Quality Video of the advert.

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 12.05.2017 | Top

#27 by Sheldonboy , Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #25
agree volty...think it was always standard or brock fireworks when i was a kid...someone will know...thinking about it wasnt there a tv ad that went something like."light up the sky with standard fireworks "

That's right Lyn, There was Standard and Brocks, also not forgetting Benwell Fireworks although not so popular in our area.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#28 by astoness , Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 pm

thanks volty nice info a video of the ad.what a bright spark you are lol...does anyone recall the bengal matches...came in red and green...used to love them but i dont think you can get them now

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#29 by Voltman , Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Bengal matches were an odd thing to give to kids, they were also cheap.
I suppose the fact that they are handheld and associated with fireworks makes them too dangerous for the latest wrapped up in cotton wool, video playing generations.

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#30 by Sheldonboy , Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:46 pm

I see what you mean about giving these things to kids, considering I would think in today's highly dangerous environment kids should be kept behind a brick wall 12ft high, fifty metres away from sparklers with two Fire appliances standing by with the crews wearing Atomic Fallout suits (just in case these High temperature Sparklers were from Russia or North Korea).
We can never take Health and Safety too far can we. By the way I did a risk assessment on this post just in case it infringed on someones human rights. If the kids do complain still about missing out on the fun, give them two sticks of TNT each an bung em back down the coal mines.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor