Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Birmingham Lib Dem - Conservative Alliance

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 pm

When the Lib Dem's formed the coalition with the Tory's after the last General Election instead of the Labour party they said it was their duty to stand together with the largest party to ensure that we had a stable government and they were doing it for the good of the country.

In the recent local election in Birmingham the Tory's lost 6 seats making Labour the biggest party in the Council, when asked about the possibility of the Lib Dem forming a coalition with Labour the Lib Dem leader Insultingly compared the idea to that of Churchill teaming up with Hitler. What happened to their duty to stand with the largest party, and the good of the city. It looks as if they are still running scared from their Tory masters.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Birmingham Lib Dem - Conservative Alliance

#2 by Sheldonboy , Tue May 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Phil after our recent experiences I really don't think any of our lying top three party's can ever be trusted again.
What we need is the old French idea. THE GUILLOTINE.

AND I KNOW JUST THE MAN.[Happy]

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Better still I know a young lady who could knock them back into line ( or into the middle of next week) with a pair of hammers.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Tue May 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Blimey Phil, you hate em that much [It's A knockout]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Yes I know, I'm a little ashamed of myself.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 pm

I should think so, they're only doing their jobs.[Little LOL]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 10, 2011 8:04 pm

No not for thinking what I do about them, I'm ashamed that I'm only thinking about it and not putting it in to practice

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Sheldonboy , Tue May 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Posted by phil
No not for thinking what I do about them, I'm ashamed that I'm only thinking about it and not putting it in to practice

Phil

I'll drink to that.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by Voltman , Wed May 18, 2011 8:37 am

Posted by phil
When the Lib Dem's formed the coalition with the Tory's after the last General Election instead of the Labour party they said it was their duty to stand together with the largest party to ensure that we had a stable government and they were doing it for the good of the country.

In the recent local election in Birmingham the Tory's lost 6 seats making Labour the biggest party in the Council, when asked about the possibility of the Lib Dem forming a coalition with Labour the Lib Dem leader Insultingly compared the idea to that of Churchill teaming up with Hitler. What happened to their duty to stand with the largest party, and the good of the city. It looks as if they are still running scared from their Tory masters.

Phil

Here we go with the old Hitler comparisons again, I don't like the Labour Party or anything they used to do, I say 'used to do' because I thought they were the best Conservative government we have had since Mrs Thatcher, but surely any politician who starts comparing living persons to Hitler should be defending themselves in court, it's an easy win for the prosecution. One is a lunatic mass murderer and the other, oh wait, I see his point.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 05.18.2011 | Top

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2011 9:18 am

I read somewhere that any argument or debate that uses a comparison to Hitler has ultimately failed. This is known as Godwin's Law.

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress".

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Thu May 19, 2011 9:20 pm | Top

#11 by Sheldonboy , Wed May 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Posted by phil
I read somewhere that any argument or debate that uses a comparison to Hitler as ultimately failed. This is known as Godwin's Law.

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress".

Phil

I don't see that as a valid argument. I know several people I would compare to Hitler (some I worked for) some I would use the term Hitler for openly and I wouldn't accept that I had lost any argument in saying so.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 05.18.2011 | Top

#12 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 19, 2011 9:22 pm

SB

That is as may be but its amazing how many arguments do work around to someone being compared to Hitler. My wife swears I'm Adolph's son

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#13 by Sheldonboy , Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Posted by phil
SB

That is as may be but its amazing how many arguments do work around to someone being compared to Hitler. My wife swears I'm Adolph's son

Phil

Just shave your moustache and stop walking round with you arm in the air.[Laugh Out Loud]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Ken Clarke

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor