Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Lib Dem Rout

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 06, 2011 9:24 am

Well it looks like a rout for the Lib Dem's (yet to be confirmed) the loss of over 200 Councillors, at least 3 Councils and 7 MP's in the Scottish Parliament and a loss in the AV referendum. Nick Clegg was on the radio this morning spouting off how these results would make no difference to the Coalition. I think he should wait until he sees what his party says before he makes such decisions.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Lib Dem Rout

#2 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 06, 2011 5:16 pm

I totally agree Phil. I think it's closer to 500 seats now. The pillock.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#3 by handlebar ( deleted ) , Sat May 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Clegg looked like a broken man (for five minutes) but quicly bounced back. They all do. It's something in the London water I'm told. Wonder how this will affect the coalition from now on. Hardly gives Clegg the confidence to speak out on anything that conflicts with his mate Cameron. Interesting turn of events in Scotland. Will they vote for independance and more interesting, will they eventually get it. Cameron says he will fight it tooth and nail with probably as much energy as he put to dealing with the bankers. Does this sound ever so slightly cynical!!! Think I'm missing my waterbottle!! The saga continues.......

handlebar

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Posted by handlebar
Clegg looked like a broken man (for five minutes) but quicly bounced back. They all do. It's something in the London water I'm told. Wonder how this will affect the coalition from now on. Hardly gives Clegg the confidence to speak out on anything that conflicts with his mate Cameron. Interesting turn of events in Scotland. Will they vote for independance and more interesting, will they eventually get it. Cameron says he will fight it tooth and nail with probably as much energy as he put to dealing with the bankers. Does this sound ever so slightly cynical!!! Think I'm missing my waterbottle!! The saga continues.......

I totally agree.
Scotland should have their own Parliament if that's what the Scots want. So should Wales. I'm not even going near Ireland. But I seriously agree with this lot.
THE CAMPAIGN FOR AN ENGLISH PARLIAMENT
We already have one I'm told.
Oh no we havn't I say.
What we have is a UK Parliament governed by Europe. That's not good enough for me.
I don't think the UK is big enough for Four Parliaments and all the expense and hangers on that these would bring.
What I think would be a good idea would be a Council of England, a council of Wales and a Council of Scotland.
Please see link below. I think I have posted this before so apologies to anyone who has seen this before. SB

http://cepwestmidlands.blogspot.com/2011...t-bromwich.html

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat May 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Every Lib Dem I have heard since Thursdays fiasco has said how they are going to start taking a tough line with the conservatives from now on. Perhaps this is the attitude they should have taken from the start of the coalition. No wonder the Tories worked so hard to get all changes through parliament before these elections came around. Lets just see what Clegg does, I think he will do very little except what he is told to do by Cameron like he has all along.

I see one of our local MP's has been spouting her mouth off about what a wicked evil man Cameron is, I haven't seen her vote against any of his policies yet. "A week in politics might be a long time" but its not long enough but not long enough for the electorate to forget Lorely.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 pm

If anyone wants to know what their MP is up to, a good website is THEY WORK FOR YOU'
Just register and everytime you MP speaks in the "House" you get an email with the information.
just click on the name of your MP and off you go. It's like Marmite, you'll either love it or hate it.

www.theyworkforyou.com/mps/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 05.07.2011 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Japan Disaster

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor